Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gang!

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Vanson Manx? Its fairly new, so net resources have been pretty low so far in my searches. From what I can tell, its the same ar their CSRX jacket save the adjustable waistband and aromor capability.

The Manx also comes in Vanson's new "Firenze" leather - which is supposed to hold up and act just like the competition weight, but with a softer hand. Any experience here?

I already have a Joe Rocket Meteor 4.0 with all the bells and whistles, armor, etc. What I'm looking for is a leather jacket that offers protection, but isn't as bulky or attention grabbing in off the bike situations.

I like the Manx for this purpose, as its looks are classy and understated (much like a monster), but offers Vanson quality. The firenze leather may be even better for this application as well. The alternative is to go down the wau to my local shop, and check out their CSRX's, and just not purchase the armor (which could be added later, another benefit.)

I apologize for rambling, but I get a little nervous making blind purchases of this expense, especially whilt trynt to decide between a 42 or a 44! Size issues are debate enough for me, let alone questions on the model!!

Thanks, and any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yes the Manx is very classic.....I prefer the stiffer leather and breakin it in myself....seems to wear differently. I think the Manx has the edge look wise between it and the CSRX, and you could always get under armour, like the dainese type that comes on mesh shirts with built in back protecters....if you ever want to zip them to leather pants you would have to find someone to sew a zipper in, but even that is not that hard to have done. I think the Manx is pretty groovey....good choice 8)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Retro-

Should have figured the first respnse to a question regarding the Manx would have come from a handle like that!

The Manx is ALSO available in the standard weight leather, as well as Vanson's 'Jet Leather.' I'm guessing by your remarks that if you were choosing, you'd grab the Manx in normal grade leather? A decent mix of protection, versatility, and wearability?

My big dilemma here is that I can order online for the Manx, keeping my fingers crossed with size, or for about $20 less (before shipping), I can get the CSRX locally (dealer coupon - good in store only), with the added benefit of trying it on.

I realize these two jackets are aples and oranges to a point, and looks wise iI agree - totally sold on the Manx (I think the Cobra waistband looks a touch silly), but I want to bounce all of this off of other folks, who actually know what they're talking about!

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another read of my last message made me feel the need to clarify:

I AM concerned with protection.
I realize that looks are really secondary to fit/performance.
I know that these jackets are different animals. (Firenze v. Heavy, armor/none, etc.)

I suppose what I'm dealing with is if I'm paying this much, I should get what I really WANT, but does that mean even over paying LESS for a similar product with MORE features? Having crested the sizing issue, any experience with Vanson's return department? If the Manx 42 just doesn't fir 'right' will they exchange it?

All decisions I need to make on my own, i know, but surrounded by like minded individuals feedback is always good!

Thanks again for listening to my rambling!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well you could certainly try the CSRX on for fit, and then order the Manx, I would think they are very similiar fit wise. I would suggest to try on a couple of sizes since when new and stiff the fit may feel odd without trying on other sizes to judge...take your time with it, it does cost some cash....also Vanson is very good about getting things to fit, call them they are very helpful, I believe they also have their own forum...yeah I prefer the hard ass leather......been down, so I know it works....and I have a feeling it will just age better, but I could be wrong.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Retro -

Just think, if I've got this many questions about a jacket, just wait until it comes time for more bike parts or something!

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I always wear armour when riding, and having been down I appreciate the armour...but again I would not have a problem getting the Manx and wearing under armour, and in one sense
it almost makes more sense to me to do it that way, if I wanted a jacket to wear out also.....I would just make sure the jacket had room for the armour underneath....it wouldn't take much...If you get to try on the csrx with armour and back protector I am pretty sure you would be able to figure out what size to get in the manx and still get safety gear underneath.......oh I would for sure call them about exchanging things before purchasing...

·
Registered
366 Posts
At Vanson prices, what's $20-40 bucks? Get what you want. Good protection w/ any of the Vanson's. How about giving your local guy a chance to order a Manx? See if he'll make good on the coupon.

Another read of my last message made me feel the need to clarify:

I AM concerned with protection.
I realize that looks are really secondary to fit/performance.
I know that these jackets are different animals. (Firenze v. Heavy, armor/none, etc.)

I suppose what I'm dealing with is if I'm paying this much, I should get what I really WANT, but does that mean even over paying LESS for a similar product with MORE features?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At Vanson prices, what's $20-40 bucks? Get what you want. Good protection w/ any of the Vanson's. How about giving your local guy a chance to order a Manx? See if he'll make good on the coupon.
Good idea....

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just an Update -

I just got back from my local dealer, with a CSRX, size 42 in hand!

I figured the additional features, while I might not need them or use them now, may come in pretty handy in the future.

And after comparing the stanard weight leather to my wife's Firenze Ace (with the pink logos - hot!), there wasn't enough difference for me to bother trying to order something special.

So I'm happy, got a jacket I like, local dealer is happy!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I was thinking about going with the CSRV. Anyone know if it is warm enough with the liner in it? I like how cool the perforated leather keeps ya but need to wear it in cool weather too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts