Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to get new leathers and I've been checking out the accolades Vanson gets on this board. Anyone have input on the CSV2 perforated jacket? This will be my main gear for all year protection so I want to get the right thing. I'm hoping that with a zip-in liner, I can make use of the jacket in fall/winter. Without the perforated leather, I'm worried I'll bake in the humid hot summers.

Any advice on pants? I'm looking at the technical sport rider series.

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have one - love it, favorite of my 4 mc jackets (that, vanson mesh, JR textile, Fieldsheer goofy looking silver and black leather i got in a deal with a helmet). i wear the liner year-round with my other jackets and around town as well.

cheers!
steve

R

·
0 Posts
I bought this jacket as part of my street track combo. But I got it with the heated liner instead. Should be warm enough. I have yet to recieve it. I got mine in a custom size.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Had one for over a year; but also have a non-perf one too. Can't say "I" could use it as an only jacket, but then I'm in the Pacific NW... - Oh yeah - awesome jacket, and have the soft armor for both...

T

·
0 Posts
Had one for over a year; but also have a non-perf one too. ...
scooby,

How is the non-perf leather? I'm looking to purchase one. How hot does it get? I would like it to be my fall/winter jacket. Or for on a nippy summer night.

R

·
0 Posts
I have one and it is awesome it's too big for me as I have lost weight, I am selling it for $200.00....with soft armor, size 48.

R

·
0 Posts
I may be confused. I bought the one that is perforated. I need the venting. You know how us fat guys sweat. I am also known to crash from time to time. So i got the high end armor and back protector.

Ok its the same jacket.

I also got this second jacket. Its from there new super motard designs. I got this one in black and red. I have a bunch or red and black gear(boots, gloved and helmet). I thought it would be even cooler for the summer months. Anything silver in the picture will be red. Even the Vanson Logo's.
I also ordered the heated liner instead of teh normal one. I figure if its cool enough to put in, its cool enough to turn on. I figure I am covered for a long PA riding season now.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
scooby,

How is the non-perf leather? I'm looking to purchase one. How hot does it get? I would like it to be my fall/winter jacket. Or for on a nippy summer night.

Tony, It is kinda hot when it's hot; even with the vents. But a huge amount warmer then the perf when it's below 60 degrees...

So, if you can afford two, go for both. Check ebay, seems trhere is a glut of them, some going for sub-$300...

M

·
0 Posts
got both the jacket and perf'd pants... great for hot to medium temps. worn in both new mexico and floriduh. the liner with sleeves will keep you warm till lower 50's, the vest is only good till upper 50's with full perf, temps less than that you'll need to consider solids. i have the solid jacket for the cold rides in the mountains. the perf'd leather is cool as long as you are moving otherwise you bake. vanson perf's combined with the gp armor provide protection hands above anything joe rocket synthetics can offer. worth the bake time for the protection.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
couldn't agree more w/ markv - got a fully perf'd w/ soft armor and hard back protect for june-aug in nashburg tenn, use my vanson top to my 2-piece track leathers for fall, winter and spring w/ gp armor.

truth is except for 80+deg days the vanson vented is ok as long as your moving. traffic/stops are a bit toasty. also underarmor is a great invention - use the hot weather in summer and the cold gear in winter...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts