Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a guy through ebay that is selling me a new Vanson Cobra 2 jacket- straight from Vanson- for a really great price. He is also hooking me up with all the armor. He asked me if any of my friends needed any Vanson gear.

You guys have helped me a lot, so if any of you want anything from Vanson at a nice discount, let me know and I'll make the connection. The transaction with this guy hasn't gone through yet, but I have no reason to think that he isn't completely honest. He has lots of perfect feedback and he seems like a total straight shooter- answered my emails immediately, put in a call to Vanson this morning and had sent me a message before I had even woken up.

Let me know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think he's a Vanson dealer per se. He's just a private individual who works out of his house- but he obviously has some sort of dealer-type relationship with Vanson. I'm guessing that he may be retired and does ebay as a sort of hobby and to make some money. He has a bunch of positive feedback for mostly smaller items- a ton of garage door opener kits.

He said that he put in a call to Vanson for my jacket and the armor and that they said he would have it by the end of the week, ready to ship off to me.

I'm going to go ahead and send him the money order now because I have no reason not to trust him. He seems like a solid guy.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I'm curious, why would anyone pay $600 for an off-the-shelf leather jacket? I can have a leather jacket custom made, with armer, venting, perfed, whatever I want for under $400. I just don't get it...

V

·
0 Posts
I don't think he's a Vanson dealer per se. He's just a private individual who works out of his house- but he obviously has some sort of dealer-type relationship with Vanson. I'm guessing that he may be retired and does ebay as a sort of hobby and to make some money. He has a bunch of positive feedback for mostly smaller items- a ton of garage door opener kits.

He mentioned that he has a Vanson jacket- and he suggested a conditioning product for me to use on mine to help break it in when I get it- so I'm guessing he rides a bike. Maybe he just thought he'd try his hand at selling Vanson stuff just becasue he's a fan and to see if there is a market for it. And maybe he's initially selling stuff really cheap to get the ball rolling- he's also got t-shirts and sweatshirts for sale. I dunno, I guess I could ask him some of this stuff.

He said that he put in a call to Vanson for my jacket and the armor and that they said he would have it by the end of the week, ready to ship off to me.

I'm going to go ahead and send him the money order now because I have no reason not to trust him. He seems like a solid guy.
I'm not your mum, but sending a money order so someone you don't know on ebay gives me the willies, hope he's legit.

H

·
0 Posts
Vanson won't sell new garments to a non authorized dealer.
It's a breach of contract, and "real" dealers would have a sh!t fit about it. They can sell "misfits", "seconds", or returned goods to wholesalers, which is what this guy sounds like.
Be carefull, save all records and e-mails just in case. I speak from experience here.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just asked him about it, and he is, in fact, a Vanson dealer. The jacket is perfectly new, with matching serial numbers and is in perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The MH-01 jacket does look good!

I have two Vanson jackets - a Ducati one from the early 90's and a newer perforated on with Ducati/Aprilia patches. I like them both, but I wish the older one had some padding/armor.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Yes, I'd also like to find out a price on a Cobra with armor as well

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What he told me after I had placed my order was, "Let me know if any of your buddies need any Vanson stuff."

So I though I would ask you guys because you've been helpful to me and I'd like to return the favor. But I'm not sure if he wants me to actually make his email addy (he doesn't have a website) public- I'll ask him...

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
PM sent your way Lead_Teeth

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He said it would be fine to post his email addy, so here it is-

[email protected]

His name is John and he's a great guy to do business with. He answered all of my emails immediately, shipped the goods as soon as he got payment, and bent over backwards to change my order not once, but twice, even ending an ebay auction early so I could get a size smaller jacket. I highly recommend him to anybody and I'll be buying from him again if I need anything from Vanson.

·
Banned
551 Posts
Hey CETME - I have a COBRA vent jacket size 42 and would be interested in freeing up some cash to help me get the MH-01 jacket. Don't need both and the cobra is in great shape.

Email me offline if you are interested.

You can name a price - year old - worn maybe twice a month (it does rain here so I wear my cordura jacket as much) and it has the foam armor in it and a 4 plate vanson back protector.

Dan

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Dan, you have a PM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts