Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find out if anyone has heard about some 2006 S2R 800's having 8mm valves and some having 7mm valves . . . Mike at EMS has heard (or thinks) this might be true . . . I'm about to do a valve adjust and would like to know what size I have before I get too far into it . . . I live on Maui Hawaii and there is no dealership on this island for part, so I need to order stuff beforehand . . . any help greatly appreciated . . .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Actually looking into shim kits for my 2006 s2r 800 and I'm having the same confusion. Most the 7mm shim kits say they're only for 2007 and above...where is the right one for 2006 monster 800?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the same bike and measured mine as 8mm. Emsduc.com lists their 8mm as being for pre 07 models except for dual spark.
But it isn't too hard to make sure. 2 bolts to get the oil cooler out of the way, 4 bolts to open the horizontal intake valve cover. (Alternatively, you could do the vertical exhaust cover, but maybe your gas tank is full) Then you can measure the valves directly without messing anything up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts