Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be replacing the stock handlebar with a Renthal aluminum bar. It is longer than the regular bar so the controls will be inside of the tips by some amount. I know from experience it doesnt take much to bend them on the dirt track. Besides plugging the open ends to prevent injury, are bar ends of useful value? It seems too much to put bar ends to protect a bar when the bar ends cost as much or more than the bar, and in a case of a spill, they would both be damaged. I can't believe the acetal plugs would prevent the bars from bending in a spill. If the bar is considered a "one spill only" bar, are bar sliders necessary if the bike already has frame sliders?

Another question concerning bar replacement. Has anybody placed weights inside the replacement bars to match the weight of the original (or increase it)? Hard to imagine a few ounces at the bar ends would create much of a moment of inertia compared to a fluttering wheel/brake assemby, but I'm learning the arts...

Thanks for the insight. This group is great.

W

·
0 Posts
I just got frame sliders and picked up the bar end sliders as well... thought I read that the bar end ones are the ones that protect your tank but I'm probably wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts