Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

This country is a little backward when it comes to internet access.

I`ve just spent a week in Las Vegas and I`m now staying at the Beverly Hills Hilton, man its expensive! :-[

Last night Arnold had his election thingy based here and saw a couple of big names. My wife Lisa met Sylvester Stalone as I watch on! Tom Arnold was here also. :eek:

Last week at Vegas I met the boys from Orange County Choppers. They were at a book signing signing books who ever bought their book that night at Mandalay Bay right where I was staying! Unreal!! [thumbsup]

I went to the local Ducati dealership and saw quite a few different bikes. They were selling harley choppers for 30k which I thought was quite cheap from what all the Harley people back home pay.

Went to Disney land today and had a blast. The traffic in LA is really bad. 5 lane express ways totally cloged in all directions. The smog is like a bushfire was in the area as it hangs about 10 feet off the ground.

I hired a car in Vegas and made a day trip out to Hoover Dam and a couple of other sites. Gees it was real hard driving on the wrong side of the road! :-\

Tomorrow I`m going shopping for bike things around LA.

This country is insane. They love there cars but there is a few bikers in LA that love to lane split in all the traffic caos.

Any way I will check in before I head home.

Rob

·
Registered
972 Posts
BASTARD!!! You know I could have been your luggage boy ;D

Mmick

·
Premium Member
1,604 Posts
Sounds like your having a blast Rob ;D

Try and check out the " bike nights " they have at HOOTERS [thumbsup]

N

·
0 Posts
hey Rob, sounds like you are having a great time!

how bout some pics when you get a chance!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Paul.C said:
Sounds like your having a blast Rob ;D

Try and check out the " bike nights " they have at HOOTERS [thumbsup]
Yea HOOTERS! I would have but the missus already thumped me for even mentioning that word when I saw the building in Vegas! ::)

monstermick58 said:
BASTARD!!! You know I could have been your luggage boy ;D
**** I think you would change your mind if you saw all the crap Lisa bought here. :eek:

pigmy said:
come back rob all is forgiven............
Pigmy, thanks but what did I do?????? ???

goldFiSh said:
hey Rob, sounds like you are having a great time!

how bout some pics when you get a chance!
Goldie, pics will be posted when I get back. I went to Beverly Hills Ducati the other day an I percieved the place would be an expensive looking shop, But the shop was nothing but a hole in the wall type of place. Nice people though. [thumbsup] I found their prices were pretty much on par with what we pay for things back home. They showed me a pic of the new 1098 bike. They said it is going to be cheaper than the 999 by about $1500US. You should see where they mount the smog box on the Monsters. Crazy. :-[

Anyway I`m at the airport LAX ready to go home. Missing Australia but loathing comming back to work.

I`m looking foward for a ride next weekend even if it is a little one. So if your up for it let us know.

Oh did I mention the smog in LA? Ive ben here for 4 days now and it seams the smog never lifts.

See you all soon,
Rob [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Too bad you couldn't get to ProItalia (http://www.proitalia.com/) to drool. And too bad you couldn't make it up here to northern California to get some riding in :angel: But remember: the DML MOB is always here and the Superchicken is usually ready to go. That goes for all (well, most) of you down under hooligans [cheeky]

N

·
0 Posts
desmoquattro said:
That goes for all (well, most) of you down under hooligans [cheeky]
hey i may be a crashing mofo, but at least i didn't take you down with me. :p

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
goldFiSh said:
hey i may be a crashing mofo, but at least i didn't take you down with me. :p
Exactly [thumbsup] You've learned your lesson (the hard way) so you're not banned from the Superchicken :) Now Spidey is a crashin' mofo...you just had one unfortunate incident, my friend. I hope you and Bron make it over here one day soon. It's always good to have visitors.

N

·
0 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Exactly [thumbsup] You've learned your lesson (the hard way) so you're not banned from the Superchicken :) Now Spidey is a crashin' mofo...you just had one unfortunate incident, my friend. I hope you and Bron make it over here one day soon. It's always good to have visitors.
Thanks Joe! I don't really think I am a crashin mofo, but kinda liked the phrase and wanted to use it [thumbsup] And from the rumours, you're right, Spidey is the man [laugh]

I hope to make it back to the US soon as well. We just did the Europe thing, and came back via NY (only for a couple of days out of 5 weeks) cause neither of us have been there before. I've been to the bay area a couple of times and love it! Might need to take her there on the next trip OS, and will definitely stop by the DML MOB!!

When's the next junket down under for you? Better start hatching that idea with the powers that be ;D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
goldFiSh said:
When's the next junket down under for you? Better start hatching that idea with the powers that be ;D
I'm trying to scheme my way into getting down there for Big's birthday, but I doubt work will pay for it. And I haven't received an invite to the party yet :) But I definitely want to get down there again. I was trying to come up with a way to get temporarily posted down there with my Monster for a few months but that's not going to work [cheeky]

N

·
0 Posts
desmoquattro said:
I'm trying to scheme my way into getting down there for Big's birthday, but I doubt work will pay for it. And I haven't received an invite to the party yet :) But I definitely want to get down there again. I was trying to come up with a way to get temporarily posted down there with my Monster for a few months but that's not going to work [cheeky]
Don't worry about not getting the invite.... You're not alone :p but I'm guessing that big is not a "formal invite" kinda guy, I could be wrong, but that's my call on it.

Joe, you're always be welcome down here, just find the excuse and we'll open the floodgates of DML hospitality, maybe this time without the coupla hours waiting in the hospital [thumbsup]

now, how do I get a gig like yours?? I wanna read the DML all day too >:D

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
goldFiSh said:
now, how do I get a gig like yours?? I wanna read the DML all day too >:D
Easy...just work for a company whose IT department is so incompetent that they make you wait all day to help you configure your printers for a new office :) Oh, and learn to be a Sales weasel...that helps.

N

·
0 Posts
desmoquattro said:
Easy...just work for a company whose IT department is so incompetent that they make you wait all day to help you configure your printers for a new office :) Oh, and learn to be a Sales weasel...that helps.
I know how to be a sales weasel [thumbsup] but I've now moved on.... was that a mistake ???

At least your IT dept has got their priorities right - internet access is OK [thumbsup] don't worry that you cant print or access the sales database etc etc...
no internet = no daily utube fix for them >:D

now i must get off the DML and go to work!

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
goldFiSh said:
Don't worry about not getting the invite.... You're not alone :p but I'm guessing that big is not a "formal invite" kinda guy, I could be wrong, but that's my call on it.
Heh - nah, I'm not, but I've got some girlies working on it... Should be ready real soon now...

Speaking of which, there's actually two invites I need to send round, the 40th in Jan, and also my housewaring in a few weeks time...

big

N

·
0 Posts
bigiain said:
Heh - nah, I'm not, but I've got some girlies working on it... Should be ready real soon now...

Speaking of which, there's actually two invites I need to send round, the 40th in Jan, and also my housewaring in a few weeks time...

big
excellent! Staffing it out [thumbsup] OK now I go and hide ......

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey this is my thread!

Anyway I`m back and straight back to work.

Joe wished I got to Pro itallia but Beverly Hills Ducati said it was 30 Miles away + traffic congestion = a long way so I missed out.....

I`ve got enough frequent flyer points between Lisa and myself to fly back for free so I think America again next year! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I will go back to Las Vegas but will try another city like San Fran then I will definitely catch up with you lot.

Did I mention about the smog in LA?

Pics comming real soon....

Rob

1 - 19 of 19 Posts