Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gedday you lot....

I'm looking at buying a Teknic Lightning 1 piece suit.....

For use while riding my S4r (There that makes it a Monster related thread)

Would US size 48 be to big for me??

I'm 5'10" about 210 pounds, 38 waist 46 chest...

I would take a Euro size 56 or 58

Ita

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
newenough.com had a fit comment on that suit. It might help.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ducpainter said:
newenough.com had a fit comment on that suit. It might help.
Thanks for that....

I ordered the size 44...

Delivered to my door for US$480 (AUD$640) and they retail here for #AUD$1400.....

Ya gotta love the www....

Ita

·
Banned
1,800 Posts
Yes you do. I have ordered several Japanese spec parts from Australian sellers for my Yamahas and LOVE the price savings I can get even with shipping from Oz.

That, and you can get FZR400RRSP stuff that is impossible to find even in Canada where the bike was legal.

Ryan

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well imagine that.....

Lotsa my old racing buddies to 400cc racing a few years ago.....

Yam, Kawa. & Honda mostly....

What sorta stuff are you after?? I'll ask around!!!

Ita

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Dude, good luck with the US 44. I wear a 44 and I'm 5'8" and 180 lbs, and it's a little tight on me, escpecially around the family jewels.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
comleader said:
Dude, good luck with the US 44. I wear a 44 and I'm 5'8" and 180 lbs, and it's a little tight on me, escpecially around the family jewels.
Yep, I'm selling my 2-piece lightning in the classifieds (shameless plug, buy it please) and I think it will be too small for you. A 2-piece should relieve the press on the jewels....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
comleader said:
Buggar....

I looked at Teknic's sizing chart and it said a 44 would fit a 6 footer with a 44 inch chest!!! They didn't have a 46 in stock and the 48 would be way to big for me!!

Oh well they retail here for $1400. I've paid $640 delivered. If the don't fit I'll easily get my money back. I'll just take 'em to the track hang 'em up and put $800 on 'em....

In the mean time I'll try and drop a few pounds (which wont hurt me at all) :'( ::) [laugh]

Ita [laugh]

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well here it is...

As you guys said it's a bit tight!!! Not around the family jewels, but around my chest and guts... It's usable though and if I loose some weight around my guts, it will be a perfect fit, as the arm and leg length is perfect.

It appears to be a quality suit, very well made with hard and soft armour and stretch panels.

I'm off to track days at Phillip Island on the 21st Nov. and again on the 14th Dec. Will report back...

Ita

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.