Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The afternoon was all planned out... install the new cycle cat bar risers on my '00 900ie. I'm not a professional mechanic, but how hard could it be? After all, I had the instructions, tools, and a six of corona.

It was all going smoothly... removed all the controls off the stock bar, removed the stock bar, now onto the upper triple clamp.

There's a little hex bolt facing the ignition key cover... how in the name of Bruno Cavalieri Ducati am I supposed to loosen that? Is there a special shorty allen wrench or something? It's actually the frame that's in the way... and that piece is welded on.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Remove the ignition cover and ignition switch. Easy.
Dion

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Or turn the front end to the right? Works on my S4, but that area looks a little different from your photo. ???

I have not BTDT, but I'm pretty sure you only need to loosen it.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried turning it... couldn't get the angle. Azmonster was right... had to remove the entire ignition assembly and then took a short 5mm allen wrench and was able to get in there.

Now I'm home free!

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
117 Posts
how did you mount the mirrors?

just over the bars or using inside adapter? Is inner diameter of clip-ons the same as stock bar?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the inside adapters... I would have like to use the bar end sliders, though. Not sure if the mirrors will fit over them.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
man, that stock upper triple clamp is ugly with the handlebar bracket removed.

I plan on fabricating some sort of mount to go in that spot.. probably for a GPS or some other gizmo.

O

·
0 Posts
on my 99 the top part of the clamp is 1 peice, if your'es is will fit back on over the stem bolt?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts