Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum and am rebuilding a 1997 M600. I will start a separate thread detailing the build shortly. Unfortunately, with it being such an old bike, a lot needs to be replace and a lot is hard to find. Does anyone know where I could get some upper linkage needle bearings (C in the image) that go on the swing arm?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Did you get the old ones out ? If so, you can buy them dimensionally. Outer diameter, inner diameter ( shaft size) and width. There is nothing special about them. They are generic bearing available from any bearing house or industrial supply. On the edge of the bearing race will be the actual bearing part number ( not Ducati part number) It is etched and very small.
This is something you can easily buy online, with either dimensions or a part number. I buy most of mine from eBay vendors. Just stick with brand names. SKF is good. I’m usually able to find name brand bearings cheap on eBay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I will try to get them out. Any tips for removing them? They aren’t currently moving.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Not familiar with your exact issue but sometimes to remove needle bearing cages you can find a socket that matches the o.d. Closely to give you something to tap it through with, without beating up the bike. You can then use a big C clamp on the socket to push the bearing out. Use penetrating oil. Sometimes heat helps but obviously can damage paint, etc.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Maybe start here;
Part number is for 900M monster, should be similar.
Maybe download a parts manual for you model and check part number, then search number. or easier, a friendly visit to a dealer who can give you the part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts