Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, is Ducati Italian for "oh, you wanted directions for your bike?" ;)

I went to install the upper fairing on my wife's 800 dark and found that after I threw away the directions, it installed super easy.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
most of the european directions consist of pictures - figuring that most people can't read text maybe and it's easier to duplicate some work on the bike with pictures? don't you have to be somewhat literate to purchase a monster anyways? what's up with that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The directions come in Italian, French, Spanish, English, German and I think another language. I'm guessing the older Monsters didn't have the brackets and they haven't updated the kit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
the one i got from redracingparts.com came with brackets for a bike with the bracket already on it mine doesnt have them so i made my own was pretty easy. mine didnt come with any directions probably why it went on so easy huh lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ordered the DP 01 monster fairing with my bike... it came without any instructions and missing two screws required to mount it. Chris from CA-Cycleworks said Ducati had shipped all those fairings out missing those two screws. :eek:

The SAD part of the whole thing was the lame way my local dealer treated me... basically said "go to the screw department of your local hardware store and find them there..." Chris offered to ship me 2 for free.

And my local dealer wonders why I never go back there? :p I always start my shopping now with cycleworks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As dare joked, not having the directions actually makes it easier to install...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts