Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may know, some Monsters have a squeaky rear brake problem. Mine is an '09 696, and has pretty much squeaked since day one.

Ducati has acknowledged this issue and published a Service Bulletin for it. What that means for you, is that Ducati will fix the problem, assuming you're still under warranty.

When I had my initial 600mi service the dealer inspected/cleaned/adjusted the rear brake, but that didn't help. So my dealer submitted a warranty claim for me. Ducati sent a "special" replacement rear brake pad. My dealer made the repairs with no cost to me. I now have about 600 miles on that new pad and it hasn't squeaked once. Problem solved!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have the service bulletin number? I noticed my 2010 rear brake is always making noise when stopping now, didn't do it for the first 500 miles, but has been non stop since then.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I don't have the Service Bulletin number. When my dealer was doing the warranty claim for me, they did mention the number, but I don't remember it. I searched on the web (including Ducati sites) and couldn't find anything. Doesn't look like these are freely available for public viewing. I think they are really intended for the dealers. Anyways, your dealer will be aware of it.

Actually, mine didn't start squeaking until after about 200 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts