Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rob remains in critical but stable condition and will remain in the ICU for about a month and in the hospital until about July. He is still heavily sedated and has a tracheostomy to maintain a patent airway. As I told you before..... his arms, legs, and pelvis are broken and he will need plenty of rehab. His Mom is going to transfer him to Athens Ga just as soon as possible to be close to his boyhood home.
From what we can tell Rob was hit by a car according to the EMT report, but this can't be verified....but since he has no road rash that is a fair assumption.
He has good insurance and his Mom has already hired a lawyer. Hopefully money will not be a problem for our friend.
Thanks to all who have supported our brother during his time of need. Your thoughts and especially your prayers were indeed answered. Thanks again!

Lee

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
Thanks for the update Lee. Let us know if you hear anything else. Maybe even include an address to send him a card or two.

·
Registered
827 Posts
So it must have been a hit and run. Probably some a$$hole drunk or soccer mom on a cell phone. :-/ I hope they catch who ever hit him so they can pay the consequences. There is just no room on the roads for that.

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
Lee, thanks for the update...

Maybe moderators want to take up an online collection and we as a group can send flowers, a card or something. What do think mods? Use your paypal button. I'll donate...

Peter

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll post up any additional information as I get it, however I've only ridden with Rob twice and am not that intimate with his family. Thanks Scoob for your idea of a donation but I think our prayers are enough......they already have shown results!
Thanks to all!

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I like the idea of flowers, too, or maybe something to help with the lawyer (?). We're over 2500 members now, right? I'm never one for asking people to give up their hard-earned money, but this IS a club, even if most of us don't know one another personally.

Comments?

S

·
0 Posts
hit by a car... holy [email protected]
when i ride, i seldom worry about crashing due to my own error because i don't get to hot on the road (track's a different story altogether!) but worrying about getting blasted by a car. i'm hoping rob pulls through fine but stories like this really get under my skin.
a guy i used to work with rode a '70's h0nda CB550. this was the chillest, most laid back rider i've ever met. got blind-sided by a uninsured pickup driver one sunday and lost his left leg from the knee-down.
these drivers should be dragged behind their cars...

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Sorry to hear about shift :'(, My father got hit by a car awhile back, bent his knees backwards and damaged his spine... (DRUNK @#$! DRIVER!)took him months of painful rehab to recover. Shift has a long hard road ahead of him, my heart and prayers go out to him and his family. Please keep us updated to his situation, as I'm sure alot of us are concerned about him.
If you posted an address or similar where people could send cards, etc, that may be a good way to keep his spirits up.

ps: (I like strati's idea about how to deal with the drivers..., although dragging them behind our bikes would be more appropriate.)

Get well Shift. :-/

S

·
0 Posts
Good news, but that rehab and pelvic repair report sounds looong and hard. I wish Rob well.

R

·
0 Posts
Get well man and good luck.

All my prayers are with you and your family.

Rainman

1 - 16 of 16 Posts