Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I have a Ducati Performance ECU, and am running DP/Remus high pipes, will the DP ECU work with the stock pipes? I have a monoposto-configured 2001 900 Supersport, but am wanting the ability to revert to 2-up (no, not permanently, just on occasion - most of the time it'll be the cooler-looking monoposto setup).

I don't know which ECU is in there now. Original owner said stock, but I haven't looked to confirm it, and the guy I'm buying a set of used stock pipes from is concerned about the ECU being too radical for the stock mufflers. Bike runs well on the DP pipes, which is why we think there's a possibility the ECU ain't stock (no, it does not have a Power Commander). I just haven't had the time in the last couple days to go pull the battery to look at the ECU part number. It's more of a bugger to get to on the SS than on the Monster.

So what say you, DML tech gurus... will a Ducati Performance ECU for an EFI 900 Desmodue run okay with stock exhaust?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
It wont run bad. It will be fine

The thing with the ECU that is in your bike and the 2001 Monsters is that it can be flash loaded with new maps, like Ive had done to mine. It may have the stock # on the case but its a custom map developed on the dyno for my bike.

But you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input!

For further info, I was able to see most of the sticker during my lunchbreak, without removing the battery or airbox.

In the attached BMP, I've approximated the contents and layout of the sticker. The "*" is either a 5 or a 6, I couldn't see enough of it to be sure.

So is this a stock ECU?

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts