Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this black box/reservoir is? Is the black tube coming off the bottom supposed to be open (connected to nothing)? I’m trying to fit a carbon fiber oil cooler cover and the new part does not have mounting brackets or room for this piece. Do you think I could zip tie it to the other cables/braided tubes in the area? It is lightweight (feels totally empty).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Emissions canister, part of the emissions system for most bikes in the USA. I think it is filled with carbon and acts as a place for gasoline to overflow from the tank. Lots of people just remove it, you should be able to find instructions on the board somewhere.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Emissions canister, part of the emissions system for most bikes in the USA. I think it is filled with carbon and acts as a place for gasoline to overflow from the tank. Lots of people just remove it, you should be able to find instructions on the board somewhere.
Thanks a lot for your help.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Remove that thing!! With it off the underside of the bike it opened up and looks much much much better!

All it does is collect fuel vapor and any fuel that might make it's way out of the tank... Rather than just leave the bike, the charcoal in the canister collects it...

Remove it, and run the lines from the tank down the side of the bike tucked behind the frame

1 - 7 of 7 Posts