Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father and I recently purchased a 2014 Monster 696. It runs great, love the bike, but there are a set of black and red cables running from the steering head back to the seat. Underneath the seat, the cables are connected to a couple of connectors we're unfamiliar with. Can someone please explain what these might be?? Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
158 Posts
The red and black one is a battery tender hookup for trickle charging and can also be used for accessories like USB ports and heated gear, it connects directly to the battery and has an inline fuse.

Those underseat connectors are for diagnostics iirc. Dont worry about them.

The fact that the accessory port is connected intrigues me. I wonder if the PO was running an adapter for heated gear or something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The red and black one is a battery tender hookup for trickle charging and can also be used for accessories like USB ports and heated gear, it connects directly to the battery and has an inline fuse.

Those underseat connectors are for diagnostics iirc. Dont worry about them.

The fact that the accessory port is connected intrigues me. I wonder if the PO was running an adapter for heated gear or something.
The battery tender connection is on the other side of the bike. Thank you for the heads up though 👍🏼

1 - 6 of 6 Posts