Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want everybody to know; I recently closed a deal to purchase a monster that they had put on e-bay. the Zeyler sales manager John Iorio was looking in to the shipping cost's. over the weekend he sold it out from under me to someone else. we had a verbal agrement! but apparently this mean's nothing to the people at ZEYLER HARLEY DAVIDSON in Elgin IL.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
That just sucks man, just not fun at all.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I am loving riding around on my new Monster, I got a great deal on it at ZEYLER HARLEY DAVIDSON .

>:D Just kidding, that sucks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I worked at a car lot when I was 19 detailing cars. My dads best friend owned the lot and I had bought a cool baja bug from there and was making payments on it for about 5 months. I came to work and was working on detailing a truck in my shop area. I guess a buyer saw my car and wanted it, so the salesman there sold it while I was working!! I came out and was looking all over for my car and I saw my stuff in the office. :mad: I was not happy, but it was almost like there was not much I could do since it was my work place my dads friend owned it :(

They gave me a Gremlin for $100 ::)

It always sucks to get screwed over and especially when it seems there is nothing you can do about it.

Just keep looking you will find one [thumbsup]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Pone:
FYI the police just tracked down my stolen monster to the one at the Harley dealer in Elgin, IL. ;D

Seriously. It sounds like the original poster had an agreement to buy the bike contingent on the shipping cost from Chicago to California. This I imagine is not insignificant. From my store owners point of view lots of people want you to hold something while they look around for a better deal. We are paying interest, insurance, and storage on the merchandise while you try to undercut my price. Not very fair either. So unless there is a deposit with a firm commitment to buy you can not expect anyone to hold anything.

However, this being an ebay transaction you need to look into the rules for vehicle sales. On general merchandise items one is not allowed to sell outside of the ebay system until the bidding/listing has ended and there have been no successful (over the reserve) bids placed.

I would think you could find a deal just as good in California when you take the shipping costs into the equation. I can, however, understand your frustration of dreaming about you new duc and having it fly away.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Landshark3 said:
I worked at a car lot when I was 19 detailing cars. My dads best friend owned the lot and I had bought a cool baja bug from there and was making payments on it for about 5 months. I came to work and was working on detailing a truck in my shop area. I guess a buyer saw my car and wanted it, so the salesman there sold it while I was working!! I came out and was looking all over for my car and I saw my stuff in the office. :mad: I was not happy, but it was almost like there was not much I could do since it was my work place my dads friend owned it :(

They gave me a Gremlin for $100 ::)

It always sucks to get screwed over and especially when it seems there is nothing you can do about it.

Just keep looking you will find one [thumbsup]
this story has me crying with laughter... I'm really, truly sorry 'sharky... lmao.... [laugh]

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
FYI - I think it is ZYLSTRA HD that screwed you.
They are a huge HD chain in IA, IL, and MN. The original store is in Ames IA, the general manager there might be interested in hearing your story and seeing how their IL store is being run.

I have no first hand experience with them, but real HD guys don't go to their stores, I think all the staff are all a bit cocky and high pressure.

mitt

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
hprego said:
I just want everybody to know; I recently closed a deal to purchase a monster that they had put on e-bay. the Zeyler sales manager John Iorio was looking in to the shipping cost's. over the weekend he sold it out from under me to someone else. we had a verbal agrement! but apparently this mean's nothing to the people at ZEYLER HARLEY DAVIDSON in Elgin IL.
you won an ebay auction or you had a verbal agreement outside the ebay listing? big difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts