Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend someone who does custom work to allow a 748 rear seat and underseat exhaust fit on my 2003 800 Monster? I had asked for advice previously and cats told me it couldn't be done. Then I saw on the ducatimonsterclub.it website it was done, and well. Unfortunately I don't understand Italian so I couldn't ask, but I though I'd post again.

R.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
You can fit the tail with a few added brackets, but there isn't enough clearence for the exhaust unless you raise the tail up substancialy. Like everything else, it's do-able, but will require some custon work. I'm not aware of any type of "kit" to make it work.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was into Manley Cycle yesterday and they had a monster with a 748 style SBK mono rear end mounted on a chopped (right behind the seat latch) Monster Frame. Tony told me they could weld up another mounting bracket for about $150. It was swappable with the stock monster seat. I'll sell you a 748 mono tail section that I have laying around if you need one. It is in good shape if you are interested.

Strati did a 748 style exhaust install on his S4 a while back, I think it is still on his site. Look for the one off high pipe mod

http://www.ducatipipemod.com/index2.html

It isn't a true under seat but like Norm said, it is doeable.

Let me know if you want some pictures of the adapter bracket.

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
We did one with rose joints so the back end was adjustable
the hard part is making the pipework look nice. We made a big hole thru the swinging arm to take the pipes inside not out side will try and find some pictures?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts