Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has finally happened. After six months of being under the influence of the DML my beautifully stock 98 900 and has gotten herself a little enhanced. She is still quite tame by list standards but we are both excited by the changes. With Michael

G

·
Panicking at my locked wheel and my quickly disappearing window of personal time (parents among you will know what I mean)
you really struck a nerve of sympathy here! man... i laugh to myself about how much tweeking i've managed to squeeze in on my bike in between diaper changing and evening readings of "goodnight moon"... way to go!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Excuse me sir but the one thing you forgot is...

PICTURES

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Strati! Coming from you that means a lot. Seeing your little guy on your avatar made me feel welcome on the list. I am the primary care giver of my little three-year-old son and we have another boy due in July. So I need my bike just to stay sane and maintain a glimmer of who I was before I become Daddy. Unfortunately I tend to only get a couple days a month solo with the bike, if that. In between, the DML is my savior! And fortunately all I have to do is look at my Monster and I feel that thrill again. Now with the new pipes and gearing, I feel like I am back in it before I get to the end of the driveway ;D

G

·
glad daon could help make you feel at home here. he's my #1 priorty 24/7 now. but it's fun sneaking off to the garage when he's napping. my wife & i are considering a 2nd. sleep deprivation has a way of warping your sense of what a good idea is ;D

·
Registered
403 Posts
no no no, not your bike... my god all I have to do is type in strati in a search engine and your bike pops up ;D
I mean daddymodo's bike.

I like to see the hard work that we all put into our bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"my god all I have to do is type in strati in a search engine and your bike pops up"

Gator I quess that makes Strati the Kevin Bacon of the list; all post can be tracked back to him ;)

I am not sure if your looking for pictures of my humble bike or Strati's awesome machine! A few pics of mine can be found in the lists Photogallery under Members Bikes. Look for Daddymodo. I didn't want to tie up the board with pictures. The ton of text was enough. Besides I am still a Newbie. I still got plenty of list skills to aquire :-/

·
Registered
668 Posts
hip hip hurray for daddys !

I got three year and a six weeks old boys getting ready to rumble !

Benvenuti Daddymodo !

Hey hey Strati !

Skier

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skier, Thanks for the big welcome :D

Yeah boys rock! I look forward to passing my love of motorcycles onto my boys just as my father did for me and his father did for him. And when my boys get their first bike I hope to be able to ride with them like Jeff does or my dream of dreams, do a road trip like the one you did with them some day.

Thanks for noticing Jeff :D

My 98 Red and me have been following in you and your 98 Yellow's footsteps for a while, so it is an honor to have you check out my bike.

Since I am not using the bike for any kind of riding except a monthly weekend ride, I can get away with stripping it down a bit. In addition to the rear hugger, I have removed the CS sprocket cover and the cam belt covers. The functional qualities of the bike are so beautiful it is a shame to hide them if it's not absolutely necessary. Over last weekend ride I stopped at notorious Harley watering hole in a small town southeast of Tucson. The local HD riders all were attracted to the exposed cam belts and impressed with the bike in general. The appeal of Italian exotica is universal.

·
Registered
827 Posts
For all of you who are too lazy to go look for the pics here's Daddymodo's bike. Looking good. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts