Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys fabricated (or had made for you) an under the seat exhuast system for an older double sided swing arm Monster?

Is it possible to do without modifying the frame or suspension?

To be honest I've only ever one attempt that I feel aesthetically works, and unfortunately there seems to have been a fair bit of modfiying :(

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
eonan said:
Have any of you guys fabricated (or had made for you) an under the seat exhuast system for an older double sided swing arm Monster?

Is it possible to do without modifying the frame or suspension?

To be honest I've only ever one attempt that I feel aesthetically works, and unfortunately there seems to have been a fair bit of modfiying :(
I have seen and heard that bike and the sound wasn't at the same level as the bike

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Check out Arc Fabrication in New England. They can build anything and already have developed systems for most Monsters and Supersports. Lots of pics on their website and the prices listed look good for the kind of work they turn out.

Also check out our own Norm at motomaxy.com and see what he's doing these days.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I have something close.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Either myself or Doug @ ARC could make you what you want, but you'd have to leave the bike here for 3-4 days (Asheville, NC). If you want them completely under the tail, the tail section will have to be raised ( although not as much as the one in the pic) in order to have enough tire clearence. You can run both cans in really tight together on the subframe without modding the tail, but you'll still need about an 8" gap for the tire.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I just checked a bike I have in the shop & the cans are 5.5" apart, although there's a pretty good rub mark on one of the cans where we tried to get it closer.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Norm :)

As I'm Scotland, getting the bike to you for a couple of days isn't going to be so easy ;D I'm not that keen on modifying the frame anyway, that's why I was wondering whether it was possible to achieve it without doing that.

You got a photo of the bike you mention handy? I'd be really interested to see it [thumbsup]

·
Banned
87 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
This is one of my frames, but it uses a stock seat & rear cowl, so the fit is similar.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Norm said:
This is one of my frames, but it uses a stock seat & rear cowl, so the fit is similar.
WOW!!! I like it mate [thumbsup] But...the alterations are just too major for me right now. So...I need some advice on my Plan B. I'll start another thread, that way it might invite some new contributions from those who are not already following this one....entitled "MotoGP Style Cans on an Older Monster" :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I LOVE IT... man i think i might try and make this work, itll be tuff, but wont hurt totry. Anyone know what pipes those are, and tail?

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.