Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
nuts! i am unable to ride or drive!

it all started saturday.

my eyes are losing it, we dont know whats wrong and it will be thursday until we see an eye doctor. Everything i see close up moves around like someone is DJ mixing my vision [laugh] i actually rode sunday and was fine, probably wasnt smart. i didnt realize it was quite a problem yet

anyways. i think i have micropsia or alice in wonderland syndrome... which is apparently temporary. lets hope for the best.

i am really bummed :embarassed:

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Beware the Jabberwocky. And hope you get better soon.

·
Registered
975 Posts
That sucks man. I hope it IS temporary and you are cleared by the doc to get back in the saddle ASAP.

One of my worst fears at this point in my life is not being able to ride for any reason. Guess I should take it easy out there to help preserve my desire....it's a balance though.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im seriously bummed

i hope it is temporary or i can have it fixed with glasses or contacts.

it is really scary

·
Registered
49 Posts
holy crap, batman. i seriously hope your vision improves...that's weird... :-\
good wishes to you.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
nosolace said:
im seriously bummed

i hope it is temporary or i can have it fixed with glasses or contacts.

it is really scary
Have you been to a doctor yet? I saw you said you were seeing the eye doctor on Thursday, but any sudden change in vision is a reason to go to the emergency room. Seriously

·
Registered
975 Posts
nosolace said:
Everything i see close up moves around like someone is DJ mixing my vision [laugh]
Might be a good excuse if you get pulled over for speeding...."but officer, ...." just a thought.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah... the thing is... it didnt accompany anything else. like a hit to the head. or any sickness or anything at all. i think it might have been progressing and i just started noticing it. i guess we will see what the doc says tomorrow.

i will let you all know. im scared. the most important sense you have is your vision! especially because if i dont have it i have to give up the duc... NOOOOOO

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O and NAKID, i did go to urgent care on monday. they took blood tests and blood sugar tests... and i havent talked to them since. but the doctor said that vision alone, especially because he cant see what im seeing, is no obvious symptom to anything he would know about.

he then recommended my eye doctor (which im seeing tomorrow) and my real doctor (which im seeing friday) to order a scan of my brain. hopefully all goes well and i just need glasses :-\

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
nosolace said:
O and NAKID, i did go to urgent care on monday. they took blood tests and blood sugar tests... and i havent talked to them since. but the doctor said that vision alone, especially because he cant see what im seeing, is no obvious symptom to anything he would know about.

he then recommended my eye doctor (which im seeing tomorrow) and my real doctor (which im seeing friday) to order a scan of my brain. hopefully all goes well and i just need glasses :-\
Not saying this is what you have or anything, but a blood test would not show if you had an anuerism putting pressure on your optic nerve. That is a possibility but not likely and undetectible without an MRI...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah... that is what we are gunna ask my General Doctor to order. an urgent care doctor cannot order an MRI. so the blood test was for the heck of it. the blood sugar test was to make sure my levels were good (as i understand that can effect your vision at its extremes)

thanks for your insight! any information is welcome and appreciated. i havent had any other medical problems in my life. i am kind of in the dark with everything and worried.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Yeah, that's the difference between Urgent or Acute Care verses an ER. I'm not sure what you're insurance status is so that may affect your options. At least you are seeing your doc tomorrow. Please let us know what's up and if anything changes, go directly to the ER.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah good luck with that. They most likely checked your blood sugar to make sure you didn't have any diabetes induced retinopathy or diabetic cataracts. Crazy what being in med-school can teach you. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i actually rode for the first time today in a week. my vision seems to be almost back to normal. there were a few instances when i noticed it. but mostly normal. super excited that im getting better today. definately was scared i wouldnt ride again.

anyways. i still have some blood tests and a follow up appointment. well see if they still dont find anything.

doc says it could be veritgo. but my symptoms are little different

·
Registered
975 Posts
nosolace said:
doc says it could be veritgo. but my symptoms are little different
You were taking those cornes pretty fast last time we were out... Hope you get some reassuring results from the tests. Glad you got to ride!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
>:D yeah i was... you see, its only my peripheral vision. so if i listen to my MSF instructor and LOOK THROUGH THE TURNS... im just fine!! hehe actually im pretty sure its all gone. ive been riding all day!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts