Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just put in a U59 in my 620 monster cause i broke my dash and replaced it (no red key woes). The immobilizer light stays on now but i'm not getting any engine respone nor is can i hear the whirring of the fuel pump. What does this mean? Do i have a faulty u59 or is it cause i've just popped it in and haven't gotten it tuned? I live in Richardson Texas where can i go to get it tuned if that is the case.

Anyone else have this problem when they first put in their u59? Alot of questions i know but i really want to get my bike running again.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Who did you get the U59 from?

What year is your 620?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Rahguzar said:
A local motorsports dealer.
yup. that tells us a lot. ::)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The name of the place is Richardson Motorsports if thats more specific.They ordered it for me but claim they can't tune it. My bike is an 02 Monster btw.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
if i remember correctly, advanced motorsports can tune 'em.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think i located the problem. In my rush to get the bike running and not having been on it in a while
i had an epiphany this morning when i realized i had only been trying to turn it on with the sidestand
down hehe. Yeah so the fuel pump works now. Though somehow while standing outside for a few days the fuel tank
got some water in it (it was empty) I still have no engine respone, My oil and fuel lamps are on so i'm thinking thats probably why.
I'll post again when i get it running, hopefully by this after noon. Thanks for the help everyone.

Oh and AMS doesn't tune anything FIM anymore. I talked to them and they said i'd have to go to BCM. I don't know about you all but dragging an inoperational bike to NH is kind of retarded. I don't like AMS anymore.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The TPS may need to be initialized as was in the case of my 800. You may try calling Fred or Doug at Silverback performance in St Paul Minnesota

651-228-3021

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
Rahguzar said:
Oh and AMS doesn't tune anything FIM anymore. I talked to them and they said i'd have to go to BCM. I don't know about you all but dragging an inoperational bike to NH is kind of retarded. I don't like AMS anymore.
that's odd. it thought i remembered a recent post from AMS stating that while they no longer sell them, they can and do still tune 'em.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Its one thing to do the FIM products, its another to handle the U59. Its a different software package.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Incase you guys don't know this, in order to properly tune a U59 the bike its being tuned to must be present.I talked to BCM they said i'd have to bring the bike in.I live down here in Texas its completely ridiculous to haul a non-working bike so far just to get it tuned.I'm sure it can be done but i'm also pretty sure it would cost alot of money.That and a 20 or so hour ride
doesn't seem fun.

Anyways I still haven't gotten it to work yet.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
Rahguzar said:
Incase you guys don't know this, in order to properly tune a U59 the bike its being tuned to must be present.I talked to BCM they said i'd have to bring the bike in.I live down here in Texas its completely ridiculous to haul a non-working bike so far just to get it tuned.I'm sure it can be done but i'm also pretty sure it would cost alot of money.That and a 20 or so hour ride
doesn't seem fun.

New Hampshire is nice in the spring. I think it will take longer than 20 hrs though.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Rahguzar said:
doesn't seem fun.

I know exactly whats involved in tuning a U59, I drove from California to Minnesota to have mine done. Ive also had mine on a bike since the FIM U59 was new in 2002.

St Paul is a fair bit closer than New Hampshire and I have abit more faith in Doug Lofgrens tuning ability than whom ever is doing BCMs now that Bruce has left.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
doug lofgrens reputation is known worldwide, if you have no other choice at least going to st.paul will ensure the job is done properly

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
DUCMONROB said:
You can get your local Ducati dealer to set it up as it can be tuned/ adjusted with Ducatis diagnostic sofware!

Aussie Rob
Thats not completely correct, Sorry Rob.

The U59 ECU can be fully tuned and diagnosed with our own software, but in addition it is backwards-compatible with Ducati's own diagnostic tools such as the Mathesis Tester, the DDS, and also other aftermarket programs such as Technoresearch MDST or VDSTS. In the case of these systems, not all of the U59 functions are available, and downloading maps is not possible, but basic setup such as CO Trimming and TPS resets can be performed on the U59 using these alternate tools. So any Ducati dealer with the normal in-house tools can install and adjust the U59 easily.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts