Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well... turns out the most cost effective and time saving way to get Dave's S4R out of Indianapolis and on it's way to CA... is for me to fly out and get it. So I'm off for another semi-cross country ride. [laugh]

That said, would anyone be available Friday afternoon to get me to the airport for an 8:20pm flight at... the Monterey airport... I know, I know, it blows, but there were no other flights leaving the bay area tomorrow night and heading to Indy that didn't cost an insane amount of money or have crazy layovers. :(

If anyone would be so kind I'd gladly pay for gas, and treat you and a significant other to dinner in Monterey. I've been told the traffic is horrible heading that way on a Friday night, so we'd have to leave pretty early (dunno, 4:30 sound right?). It would be very very appreciated!

Any other advice/suggestions are more then welcome, thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoops, slight change of plan, Dave found me a flight leaving from San Fran at 7pm Friday. That mean I can hop on a Cal train and ride it up to the airport?
Ah the joys of last minute travel. [laugh]

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, tell me about it. Following the route he had planned out, I've gotta head down in Texas and take 40 straight across. Any other way leads into the majestic, snow covered, mountains. [cheeky]

Shouldn't be too bad though, only supposed to get down to 25 or so in NM and AZ after dark. The plan is just to ride until the water in my camel pack freezes. Figure that'll be a good indicator to stop. [laugh]

Now where did I pack away the heated jacket liner and thermal undies too...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depends, how far are you from route 40 and do you mind if I collapse shivering on your floor? [laugh]

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Of course your shivering self is always welcome in many DMLer's floor space here! You'd have to take a slight detour south to visit the Valley of the Sun though. Phoenix is quite a ways from 40, that is in the northern part of the state. If you were rolling through during the day, we could ride up and have lunch with you, fill you up with hot chocolate, then send your shivering self along on your merry way. ;D

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well hey now, it's only an extra 100 miles on the trip to head down to Phoenix and then over to LA.

And that extra hundred miles means the difference between riding in 60/25 (High/Low) temps around Flagstaff and 80/50 temps in Phoenix. Hmmmmmm.

I'll see ya when I get into Phoenix. [laugh]

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: Uh oh... I'm doing it again. (anyone free to drive a screwball to the airpo

When will you be in LA? I'll be there from the 20th to the 27th. I'll have my phone on me. Give me a ring if you want to grab drinks or something.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More then likely I'll be giving LA a glancing blow on my way up to SLO. Hoping to make it to SLO by Tuesday night, so no real time to hang out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.