Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 S2r I would like to get rid of the udder! Does someone make a pipe that will work with the stock headers and mufflers?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have Ducati Performance high-efficiency steel collector pipes (p/n: 979A00107) on my S2R100 and they fit perfectly with headers/stock mufflers.

I also seen other options available at monster parts, but I don’t have experience with them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey folks, how about some pics (that actually show up) of a marving, DP, QD and other mid pipe options installed on an S2R 1000? I've been scouring the boards and have only found the DP versions actually on a bike.

There are a lot of dead pics out there BTW...

Cheers

·
Registered
58 Posts
DP (p/n# 979A00107) high-efficiency steel collector pipes.

They fit well, no issues with oil change, accepts O2 sensor. Note that I did some polishing prior to installation as the surface looked slightly oxidized and the areas round the welds were yellow/brown. After few rides they turn nice and gold/purple.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the Pics Zurek! I like how tucked in it looks vs stock. Do you notice the heat much with the pipe so close to your right foot?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Here's the Marving midpipe on an S2R800. It routes along the left of the oil filter rather than the right. I don't think you can use the "Monza" style bellypan with the DP midpipe because of the way it's routed. At least they fixed the access to the oil filter problem on the DP midpipe. I just slapped them on (no polishing). I plan on CCing them shortly. If heat near the right foot is an issue with the DP midpipe I would suggest CCing them to keep the temp down.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
I didn’t notice any issues with heat, the pipe slightly bends inward right before the foot peg. However, if you considering getting a bellypan, fit might be an issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts