Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im away working this w/e..so another thread to get some posts to read when I get back..

what tyres are you on and why?...how do you find them?... are you going to switch brands at the next change?...have you worn the little arrow off the edge yet?

Im on Michelin pilot power....why? cos they were on the bike when I bought it earlier this year...compared to the tyres of the late 70s they are incredible sooo much grip sooo much lean angle ...the missus riding pillion reckons her boots have touched down :eek: ..they also give a lot of feed back so I can tell when im about to slide and ease off a tad ;D ;D
Ive done 7000k and the bottoms half done shoulders ok so far... if I get another 7000k before having to change Ill be happy... the goodyear eagles I used way back were good for 3000k ....mind you I did ride like a loony >:D...
will I change? not without good reason ...but thats what the posts are for to get riders opinions not advertising blurb and spider web graphs

·
Registered
124 Posts
My bike had michelin pilot "sport" on them from new, just changed over to pilot "power."

Been super happy with both sets but the sports were totalled at 6500k's, maybe my roads are a bit more abrasive cause I certainly wouldn't say I'm an overly aggressive rider. Mind you when the rear was about 80% worn I was "talked" into doing a burnout or two (damn peer group pressure) but still I don't think I would have gotten much more out of them.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Is it even possible to wear off the arrow? I've had it over with the pegs scraping all the way round a corner and they are still there.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
i use powers on both bikes and yes, it is possible to wear the arrows off ;D i used to use pilot sport and thought they were great! i was dissapointed when i couldn't get replacements but the powers are awesome, heaps better.

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
yeah, i mean my monster too! i have no probs getting to the edge of my rear tyre, the front is another story though, and even though i've read about journos grinding pegs on S4R's i never have, not had mine on a track though.

G

·
I've only had pirelli diablos on both my bikes (they both came as stock with them). The first monster I needed a new set (both front and rear) and went with the diablos only cause I wanted to know how much better they were from new.

They were heaps better - funny that [thumbsup]

I have no problem with the diablos, I think that they are a fine tyre, but next time round its the pilot powers, just to mix it up! For me the only real way to compare is to try em all [thumbsup]

·
Registered
972 Posts
I'm running (puff, puff)... I'm using Bridgstones 014's at the moment, found them really good even when I started to push them a bit, but now the weather has started to get warm I think I need to give them a hard time just to see what they will do, I got these really, really cheap so that helped with my decision to try them.

Mmick

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
monstermick58 said:
I'm using Bridgstones 014's at the moment, found them really good even when I started to push them a bit
How's that lasting on the rear? I've been running the 014 front 020 rear combo for the last few sets, which works out reallly nicely for me. I find if I run the same tyres on the rear as I do on the front, I end up running about 3 rear tyres to each front - by using a fairly soft front with a harder rear, I get pretty even wear for the pair...

I really like the confidence I get from the nice sticky 014 fronts.\

big

·
Registered
972 Posts
bigiain said:
How's that lasting on the rear? I've been running the 014 front 020 rear combo for the last few sets, which works out reallly nicely for me. I find if I run the same tyres on the rear as I do on the front, I end up running about 3 rear tyres to each front - by using a fairly soft front with a harder rear, I get pretty even wear for the pair...

I really like the confidence I get from the nice sticky 014 fronts.\

big

Normally I will wear out the sides of the front and the middle of the back at roughly the same time so will replace them as a pair, milage wise I dont really care as long as they stick, but having said that I was using the combo you have on but I found in the warmer weather I was 'cooking' the rear to much, but I agree very much with what you said about the front, you need to confident with the front the rear can take care of its self.

Mmick

·
Registered
476 Posts
goldFiSh said:
I've only had pirelli diablos on both my bikes (they both came as stock with them).
I had Diablos on my last bike and I have Pilot Powers on my new S2R 1000. I have to say that the Pilot Power's make me feel much more confident in corners. They really feel sticky and I can really lean the bike into a corner at speed and enjoy it. The Diablo's were good and I enjoyed them but the Pilot Powers just feel much better. Saying all that it might just be the new bike....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.