Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone riding 2 up on the 695 regularly? My wife and I may wind up commuting on mine. I"m a bit worried about the rear shock, though. It seems maxed out with just me on it (probably @ 210lbs or so with gear on).

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
crank up the preload and try again. unless you already did that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
My wife and I ride 2 up quite a bit on my 695. I weigh about 190 and my wife weighs about 105. I did buy one of those non slip covers for the back seat. I think it was made by Triboseat, got it off E-bay. It is made in England and costs less than $25. The wife loves it. We've rode to Tulsa and back which is about 220 miles round trip with no problems.

M

·
0 Posts
I have had my wife on the back of my 695 (that sounds a little kinky [laugh]), and no problem. Im 175, and she is 105 lbs - factory preload.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've had 2-up on my M750, which is actually a little down on power, but the rear shock/spring should be the similar. The only problem I've had is from the bellypan smacking the pavement on a harder bump, and I've drug it leaned over in a turn from the decreased clearance of the extra weight. Never felt like it was too much for the shock though

As said before, turn up the preload & take it easy until you figure out how the bike is going to react ~

JM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts