Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did'nt know if anyone knew this but, received a flyer to "Spectrum Motorsports" in Irvine.
Looks like they just opened two Departments for Ducati.
Ducati Corse Service and Ducati Performance Parts.
It seems pretty nice I have'nt checked it out yet.
***Also there having "Pasta Day" Its like an open house thing Lunch, drinks parts, clothing, bikes, etc. on January 31st. :)
Maybe set up a Hooligan cruise over there. That would be cool. 8) 8)
Hopefully I'll have my bike back by then. Can you believe its been 3 1/2 months now being fixed......are you kidding me....what a joke. :'( :eek: :mad:
Jason

·
Registered
796 Posts
31/2 months!!!! what are you having done, everything hand polished?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
31/2 months!!!! what are you having done, everything hand polished?
Don't I wish.
No, its actually just parts being replaced from my accident on Sep 27th 2003 if you could believe it.
The insurance quoted $3,600 worth of damage but thats Ducati prices for ya'. So I opted for Upgrades but, All I keep hearing from European Cycle is "Were still waiting on parts".
Does that sound right? Waiting on parts for over 3 Months? I don't think so.
I'm actually going there tonight to ask for my bike back and for them to just call me when the parts come in. So I would at least be able to ride. You know what I mean?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Does European Cycle have a mechanic? I know Bob left a few months ago.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Go get your bike, order the parts yourself and get somebody from this board to help you rebuild for the cost of beer or a nice billet piece for their bike. (If your near San Diego Ill help with whatever I can)

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I'm actually going there tonight to ask for my bike back and for them to just call me when the parts come in. So I would at least be able to ride. You know what I mean?
Been there, done that.

Oceanside Ducati got my parts in about two months after my crash. That was for some $6,000 in stuff including some special Foggy parts and half-a-Termi. And that included the month of August when entire country of Italy goes on vacation, and nothing happens.

Still, I went and rescued my bike, due to delays caused by a staffing shortage at OS.

Which ended up working out very well, upgrade wise ;D.

But asking for my bike would not have worked. They did not want to give it to me. However, I had called my insurance co first. They said it was my bike, I could do what I wanted with it. But it was up to them (the insurance co) whether they wanted to re-insure it. It kinda of floored the dealer, but, I wanted my bike back. I rode it around semi-banged up for a month before I finished it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If they had said "...up to speed and whatnot" it would have been more reassuring.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Go get your bike, order the parts yourself and get somebody from this board to help you rebuild for the cost of beer or a nice billet piece for their bike. (If your near San Diego Ill help with whatever I can)
It sure does feel like a family on this board.
....and I luv my family.

****Good News I went to ECS last night talked to Steve and said, "this is seriously a joke having my bike in here for 3 1/2 months so...put my Arrow High Pipes on, charge the battery and give me my bike back". "Just Call me when the remaining parts come in". His response...."O.K."
So it looks like I'll be able to pick it up tonight....Will see.
Parts that I'm still waiting on include:
CF Racing style front fender, CF front Cowl, Black Ano. Handle bar, Clutch Lever. I think thats all.
OWell at least I can start riding again ;D ;D

·
Registered
74 Posts
It sure does feel like a family on this board.
....and I luv my family.

****Good News I went to ECS last night talked to Steve and said, "this is seriously a joke having my bike in here for 3 1/2 months so...put my Arrow High Pipes on, charge the battery and give me my bike back". "Just Call me when the remaining parts come in". His response...."O.K."
So it looks like I'll be able to pick it up tonight....Will see.
Parts that I'm still waiting on include:
CF Racing style front fender, CF front Cowl, Black Ano. Handle bar, Clutch Lever. I think thats all.
OWell at least I can start riding again ;D ;D
I have an extra Ducati black annodized handlebar and a clutch lever if you want them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an extra Ducati black annodized handlebar and a clutch lever if you want them.
Heck yeah I'll take'em How much??
...and how do I get'em where are you located?
Jason

·
Registered
74 Posts
Jason - I'm in Santa Ana. I'll send you an IM with my contact info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I Finally got my Monster back last night. ;D ;D
Man did it feel good to ride again.
The only parts I'm waiting on are the CF Front Fender and CF Front Cowl. There were a few Misc. parts I said not to worry about just give me in-store credit, I'll find'em myself.

***Thanks to "BPR" aka Brian I was able to get the handle bar, Mirror, and Levers. 'Yer the Man. I definately owe you a few Cold Ones. ;)

I got home last night worked on it for a few hours and washed it all up in the Dark at about 11pm. Then stood there and starred at it for awhile. Man,....... its nice to have my bike back again. 8)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I am so envious of you getting your bike back. I may be able to see my new tank by the end of next week! :-[

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would like to go to that "Pasta Day". I saw the event on the ducati north america site calender. Does anyone have the information ie. what time it starts, etc? A hooligan cruise over there would be cool.

ciao.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm Definately Going on the 31st!!!
After getting my bike back...I'm riding it every day its not raining.
......If we get enough Monsta's together we should definately all meet somewhere and ride in as a group. 8)
----An update on my bike it looks awsome and words cannot describe how good those "Arrow High Pipes" Sound except for maybe Deep and Throaty. 8) 8)
If its not raining tonight is anyone going to Bravo?
I'll be there.

·
Premium Member
1,200 Posts
The lower carbon cowl is at Oceanside Ducati in stock and the racing front fender, is that the superbike style, if so a superbike front is the same and they have that as well in carbon. I also have a used one with the screens on sides for brake ventilation if you are interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The lower carbon cowl is at Oceanside Ducati in stock and the racing front fender, is that the superbike style, if so a superbike front is the same and they have that as well in carbon. I also have a used one with the screens on sides for brake ventilation if you are interested.
Thanks for the report I'm going to check on that tomorrow since there closed today.
I might Also be interested in that used one you have. I'd have to see it though,do you have any Pics? What kinda condition is it in and how much?
Thanks,
Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts