Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike is at the MD inspection as we speak, and I got a call saying the minimum rotor wear is not stamped on the carrier. Can anyone tell me what the minimum rotor wear measurement is?

Additionally, I was notified that the brake light stays on... This is a healthy dose of murphy's law. Before taking it, I checked to be sure all the lights work. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a special Italian fix that can be done in a pinch to get the bike through inspection?

Thank you in advance,

PZ

·
Registered
16 Posts
quick fix

Move .... my bike was inspected in 5 min by Ed at Ed's cycle shop... took him 5 min and he gave me a cup of coffee...

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
On your brake light switch, I would rip off the micro switches and throw as far away as possible and replace the brake line banjo bolts with those that incorporate a hydraulic switch. I did this on my 1995 M900 after much brake light frustration. These banjo bolts are cheap aand very easy to get but if all else fails I know bevel Heaven stock them. Brakes may need a slight bleed, but I didn't even need that; tied the brake lever "on", left overnite and they were rock solid the next day

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the tip. That sounds like an imminent upgrade. I finally got the time to do a proper diagnosis, and tuns out that switches were working fine. The taillight was wired backwards. The Bright filiment stayed on, while the dim one was lit by the switches giving the illusion that the brake light was stuck on. I rewired the taillight and I am back in business, but I alway have that fear in the back of mind that the switches will fowl at any minute.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts