Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my 2 Bros exhaust and it's killing 'em!
I recommend it. Deep and throaty; a bit louder than the Sils but at least I'm heard!

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Makes it easier to ride now, doesn't it?

You can hear what the engine is doing when you let the clutch out from a stop.

BTW, what's next, man?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have a problem with the bike not starting on my second run. It was wierd. Maybe the ECU needed to adjust. As for what's next, I don't know. I'm focused on my trip to Amsterdam next month. I'm a simple cat. I'm happy for now.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad you like them...wait til the cannister packing cooks-in you'll be more than a bit louder than the Sils :)

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I was up at ACME Rocket Bike this past weekend and one of the shop guys had 2 bros exhaust on his Monster. I had never heard of those pipes and I thought they sounded great. :)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the sound. I like being able to be heard when I'm on the road, plus it sounds like a monster is coming! I complained about the bike shutting off and not restarting and I think it's because of:
first the bike wasn't fully warmed,
and to add to it, I believe the ECU needs adjusting because I have to hold the start button for about 5 seconds for it to start.
I'll see what happens after a week of riding, but I love these pipes!

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
I was told that the Two Brothers exhaust would not work on my 620ie. Anyone have information otherwise?

Thanks.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's because 2bros hasn't researched the '03 monsters yet. When I order mine, the saleman was hesitant to sell me the pipes based on 2 bros lack of research on the new models, as well as if it pipes would fit. I got them to fit and it rides good.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Glad to hear it dread. I have the TBR polished aluminum low pipes. They do sound mean. But, the swingarm on the left scraped my pipe when the rear shock compressed on a ride. So I switched back to my stock pipes temporarily. Get this.....

I'm enjoying the quiet and am in no real hurry to put the TBR's back on! I learned to appreciate the sound of silence. The pipes did make me understand the bike...by hearing it at all rpms. Now I 'know' the bike and hear the same notes stock.

It's much easier to take a late night or early morning ride. But....they'lll be back on real soon. Glad you like them.

Ride Safe.
JJ

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm glad you mentioned that your swing arm scraping. Just tonight I felt the scraping but didn't know what it was. I actually leave home at 4 AM to go to work and I know my neighbors hate me. But out here there are allot of Harley's with their loud ass pipes so I blend it. I hate to add to the nuisance but it comforts me especially when people don't hear me coming. By the way, is you monster fuel injected? If so, did you have problems starting?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Man, I have the Two Brothers on my 03 M800 and I love the deep thunder I get from the bike now. I have not had any problems with the bike at all, all good here.

jlu

·
Registered
783 Posts
Man I forgot how long those puppies were. I got a set from a guy who low sided his ride so I had to do some mods to mine. I now have stright pipes but they sounded great.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've got TBR's on my SS. Thing is STUPID loud. But its deep, bassy, and still not nearly as loud as the HD guys that blast up the road at 3am on the way back from bars. So I dont feel too bad.

But setting off car alarms has always been favorite pastime of mine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Holy moly, Hanjin, I love your monster. The carbon, the shortie pipes, gorgeous. I was wondering where I'd go when I got tired of red and well, the 600 motor. The 750 in that scheme looks hot! I wont straight copy though of course! ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
????? said:
Holy moly, Hanjin, I love your monster. The carbon, the shortie pipes, gorgeous. I was wondering where I'd go when I got tired of red and well, the 600 motor. The 750 in that scheme looks hot! I wont straight copy though of course! ;)
Thanks, It took a bit to get to this point but it was all worth it. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Hanjin

I hope that you entered the monster challenge with that dark! GP style pipes...I love em! I have a blk 900 that I am doing the same thing with the pipes. I have the DP high carbons. How long are your canisters not including the tip? [thumbsup]

·
Registered
783 Posts
terrapete said:
Hanjin I hope that you entered the monster challenge with that dark!  GP style pipes...I love em!  I have a blk 900 that I am doing the same thing with the pipes.  I have the DP high carbons.  How long are your canisters not including the tip?   [thumbsup]
Yup, its going to the Houston show!! The short cans are about 5in without the tips. But if you think those are sick check this out!!! My secret weapon, one off straight pipes!!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
What do you all think of the TBRs? I used to sell them but had a few complaints about their quality so I delisted them from my parts catalog. If you guys think well of them, I may add them to my catalog again.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
783 Posts
I loved them! Still have my shortie pipes as a momento.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
chris said:
What do you all think of the TBRs? I used to sell them but had a few complaints about their quality so I delisted them from my parts catalog. If you guys think well of them, I may add them to my catalog again.

Thanks!
Chris
I thought they were ok. i just thought it was lame there was no high-mount option.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts