Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
An item that we have on our list to make is a twin headlight assembly. What do you DML folks think of that and more importantly what would you pay for such an item?

Our idea is to have 2 lights horizontally positioned and about 60% of the size of the original BIG one. If we can, I would like to go to xenon lamps (they look great) however I have not heard back from the National Traffic and Safety Admin. to let us know what is required in size, lamp type and any other regulations we may have to follow.

Kevin & Jason

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Triumph Tripple Speed. How about something smaller, like projector beams, that could fit tight to the forks? I'd buy that for a dollar!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I second that... the Ducati offering is tasty but off the chart$ pricey, and the spareshack headlights don't excite me. There has to be a middle ground...

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Herb and Magnus,

what size would you like? and I agree with magnus the Duc one is very sexy but not is several hundred dollars...

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
How about something, say, 2-1/2 or 3" diameter, spaced closely on a single billet housing/bracket, that could fit nice and tight to the forks. Kinda like a number plate? Something like the new Buell Lightning, only smaller and cooler.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I like the bug eyes Ducati offers, would have had them by now if not for that $600 price tag!! I've seen the very small ones on a bike they look good also. I like the looks of the twin headlights. If you offered a pair in the $200 range, I'd do it.....But I would want both lights on in hi or low beam, that would be a priority to me. I saw the very small ones on a Guzzi, but they were vertical, that looked pretty cool!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
HAHA, i was browsing triumph parts thinking of adapting speed 4 headlights. The duc has what a 8" headlight? I was thinking maybe two 6" light myself. I do not like the projector beam look myself, makes the Monster look like a bug instead of a hooligan.

I was thinking of seeing how dual stock lights might look also, I want the big light look.

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
hehe I guess it depends if you think your bike is male or female.

Retro: yes! i've seen that pic before and it is very close to what i'm looking for.

My current thoughts are the bigger bug lights would lend to the "monster" look as opposed to the "bug" look. Looking at my stock bracket I think its possible to make something similar to fit two large headlights and keep the factory turn signals (for now)
It might actually hide them a little improving the overall look.

·
Registered
735 Posts
There are already enough smallish lights on the market and the projectors are easily adapted to a Monster. The speed triple lights are just about the right size but I never want my bike to be confused w/ a Triumph.

Xenon 3"-4" flat faced rounds would be awsome. I like Retro's suggestion from the Ducati.com page but that is the only place I have seen them.

Check out this kit I found online for the SV. It runs about $140 and looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
735 Posts
www.productjoe.com

The spacing is 13" so the stock monster brackets would have to be moved out accordingly. The wiring is for an SV650 also. He is going to eventually offer a universal kit but I don't see why this one couldn't just as easily be modified yourself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I definately would like to have another cooler option of the twin headlights. I would like to have a fairing option as well. Is that something monstrak would be offering or would I have to find one somewhere else to fit the headlight you would be offering? The Xeon headlights would be the best touch.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
when I first got my bike I was ALL OVER the twin headlights, but since then have grown to love the single headlight. Throwing twin headlights on there seems to un-monster the monster to me. I've seen quite a few bikes (Brutale and Yamaha Bulldog) that have some neat'o SINGLE headlights. The have some design to them. That's something I'd like to get for my bike.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The V-Rod has a really cool headlight that would also look good on a monster. It may be more obtainable than the Butale's light.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts