Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there got a twin headlight setup on their monster? I'm thinking of replacing the standard for a dominator type twin light from Austreetfighter. The current light is a 55/60 w bulb and the twin light has the same specs.
I like the visibility I get form the standard light because I live a few kms from town where there is no street-lighting and a few mongrel dogs roaming the side of the road just waiting to attack the v-twin they hear coming 5 minutes before it arrives >:D(thanks to the coring of the pipes [thumbsup]).
I think a lot of the quality light comes from the reflector?? Would the 2 smaller twin headlights offer the same visibility as the standard one?
I'll probably replace it anyway for the Bling 8) factor but would be nice to know what I'm in for.
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am also going to get twin lights on mine. I was thinking on manufacturing something. Think of two pipes joined together, the instruments in one end and the lamps in the bottom. There are plenty of place to fix it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
qldazza said:
I am also going to get twin lights on mine. I was thinking on manufacturing something. Think of two pipes joined together, the instruments in one end and the lamps in the bottom. There are plenty of place to fix it.
Sounds like a lot of work invovled in that. At least when you're done you'll have a one off bike! You'll have to post some pics when its done.
Zee said:
Twin projectors (one for hi, one for low beam) and HID :D
I'll see how they go shortly - I've just ordered them. I'm sure they will look good as they're the same as they have on Project GSX14 in Rapid Bikes. When they arrive and I connect a few wires I'll post a few pics.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dual Headlights on Monster Experience

I'm running the Yellow 620 with dual headlights around Brisbane. I replaced the standard unit with the Ducduals (http://ilducemoto.com) setup a few years ago and I love it...so much I removed the S model biniki fairing so they are even more obvious.

Few things I noted/learnt:

Duc Duals deliver fast, high quality unit and answer your emails.

One for low, one for high but the pass switch temporarily illuminates both.. great for when that shadow moves (but not for frequent or long use),

It uses the wiring lead from your std headlight, so make sure you order for correct year/model so the plug matches exactly.

Fitted the unit upside down initially to clear the fairing, left it that way.. makes no difference,

Fits very snugly so much so that you may need to make minor adjustments to get the beams in the right place.

Although the lights are smaller then original unit, the lights are much brighter,

Halo effect is optional, I like it,

I also used amalgamating tape covered by insulating tape to fully waterproof all connections and wires..

If you would like a pic, PM me and I will post one over the weekend.

John

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ever get them installed? I found the Dominator kit online and like the look of it. is it worth the cost?
Sorry it took so long to reply. Haven't been on the monster site for a long time. So long that it looks completely different and didn't like my old password too much!

The dominator kit is well and truely worth the $$ if you like the look, and even fits the shape of the bikini fairing nicer that the standard light. It fits straight into the headlight bracket and if you are running aftermarket indicators make sure you isolate the mounting bolts or all 4 indicators flash like an xmas tree (bloody Italian electricity!) The other thing you have to do is make sure that only one of the low beam lights work at a time as the regulator can handle the current but handles it by heating right up. In the end I bought the xenon globes and a different park light globe and didn't even use the high-beam.

Good luck if you decide to go with the twin light. I sold the monster about 5 months ago so am duc-less and don't check in on this site as religiously as I once did, so if you do run into any hassles with it please PM me and I'll help out as best as I can.

P.S. - G'day to all the Oz-monsters I haven't spoken to for a while that are checking through the forums.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Question

I'm looking for twin headlights--- only I want BOTH lights on at all times. During the day, & early evening hours I ALWAYS ride w brights on. On my CBR, that was both headlights. Bikes are non-visible enough as is; I'd rather someone notice how abnormally bright they are & possibly get offended than NOT notice me at all and possibly wreck into me.

Anyone know of any dual headlight set ups that use BOtH lights at all times? Thanks -

-TT
2005 s2r dark 800

·
Registered
3 Posts
Streetfighter headlights

I recently bought a 750 Monster with twin headlights utilising 55/60 watt globes, these were on all the time but I didn't like the twin headlight setup.
They fit into my 900 fairing easily but I wanted to return to the single setup so I removed them. Not sure what brand they are but they are very robust & well made probably weigh around 2-3 kg & fit the standard headlight bracket. I was told they are a genuine Ducati aftermarket item but doubt this although they have provision for the speedo cable to pass through the left hand light. Finding a replacement single unit was a chore.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I have a set on my S4RS, but don't know the brand. They were on the bike when I bought it. They are about 4" diameter and have smooth lenses with a blue tint, and cast aluminum housings. There is no brand name showing, though hopefully I can find some identification on them because 1 has a cracked lens. They are very bright, both stay on for high beam, one for low. If anyone recognizes my description, please let me know what brand lights they are.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts