Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i thought it was funny how they kept talking about how exclusive the Bimotas are, how they're hand-built, and the factory only makes 500 per year. yet every time they showed a closeup of the engine, all i saw was a huge "Ducati". :) i mean, Bimotas are beautiful and worth every penny, i'm sure, it was just funny how they avoided talking about the elephant in the room, lol. does anyone know if the frames on the Bimotas are built by Ducati as well? they look very similar to our beloved trellis frames. and yes, if i could afford it, i'd have a new Bimota, sitting right next to my trusty Senna S4 Monster. :)

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's a pic of the DB7. the Twist The Throttle TV show clearly shows Ducati on the side, but it looks like this pic was photoshopped to remove it.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Great series.

Here is the online version of the bimota story:
Part 1 - http://turbo.discovery.com/beyond/?...496841&lineupId=1454906892&titleId=1454865212
..then from there you need to click the links to see the rest of the 4 part story. Kinda screwy navigation. Also, I noticed some of these videos have been edited and are different than their tv counterparts.

Anyway, they do build their own frames, but Ducati builds their engines now. They started with building race frames with Hondas used as the donor bikes. So basically everything except the engine. Hand built, veeery limited numbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts