Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know how to turn the "wrench" icon that appears on the dash for service warning ? I bought the 696 used no manual and did an oil change but the wrench is still showing up on the dash.
Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
You need a dealer or other shop with a diagnostic computer to switch the wrench off.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hello,

also, for anyone coming up to the 600 mile service, make sure your bike shows the icon before taking it in to s dealer for its service. i took mine in at 570 miles and had to wait for other work to be done until the annoying little icon could be removed.

cheers.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need a dealer or other shop with a diagnostic computer to switch the wrench off.

Thanks for the info. I think that sucks as I do must of my own maintenance I should be able to turn off the icon, it's not really that big of a deal but why do they force you to go to a dealer ? I guess it's the part of the new world order.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dealer really shouldn't charge you to turn it off.
Money is not really what bugs me about it. It's the fact that you now have to go out of your way for something so minor. How will everyone feel when you can no longer work on any part of your bike ? I know that's the day I would stop buying new bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts