Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, are the standard lights ugly..... I'm thinking about installing some other lights, but I havent had much sucess... seems like the LED lights I got dont use up enough voltage, and need a resistor installed....

Does anyone go "turnsignaless?" do you NEED them?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Legally speaking, you don't need them, but you must use approved hand/arm signals to signal your direction/lane changes. I've seen lots of Harley riders who have no turn signals.

A

·
0 Posts
I installed the Lockhart-Philips signals on my bike front and back. They are about 1/3 the size of the standard. I'll send you a picture if you send your email address. They look really good! They are the clear, arrow indicators. I think they were $16 a pair. I didn't install anything new on my bike when I put these on. I know Rizoma and www.azsbk.com have some cool indicators too.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I've been thinking about doing something like this for my front signals lately. Still not sure how I could get something similar in the rear though...

A

·
0 Posts
I've seen these barend signals that I like . They have a thin line of LED's in the front and rear so would I still need rear signals if I installed these?

·
Registered
783 Posts
I'd have to say Lockhart has some of the the easiest to install and they look great. Can't beat 15.00 a set.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where would I find these Lockhart signals?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Man, I need to find the bar end turnsignals. I saw a monster with them and they looked great.
Does anybody know if they can be installed on an S4 since they do not have handlbars.
Where can I find them?
Adrian

D

·
0 Posts
Is there a difference in the wiring of the singal filament versus the dual filamet?

Will both work on the monster?

S

·
0 Posts
stock signals are single fillament. if you care to do some splicing, you can tie in a dual fillament signal to the headlamp wiring up front and brake wiring out back to have them act as "running lights". relatively easy and provides some better visibility.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
I posted a couple of pics showing my LP rear signals. Look in Member Bikes; tailmodright & ""left. Not great pics, but you can judge the effect of short stalks.

Z

·
0 Posts
Bloodshot,
Where did you find those LED signals that mount on the forks?
They look different...... I like.
Do you have a link?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I went turn signaless for about a week, not a good idea.
Since then i'm using bar end turn signals which work as front and rear signals.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Legally speaking, you don't need them, but you must use approved hand/arm signals to signal your direction/lane changes.
Before you go signaless, check the laws in your own state. In Michigan, if your bike left the factory with turn signals then you are required to have them on the bike in order to be legal on the road.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'd really like to have turn signals... As long as they are indiscrete.... I'm in the process of doing some work so I'll have them, but they will be small....

I bought some pretty cool L.E.D lights and will use those....

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
Here is a link for about the cheapest bar end signals I have found, which really aren't cheap!!! I still think they are cool, and I know that s4strati has some bar end signals mounted on his S4 ask him about it. He also has the install pics and instructions on his web page. Actually I got the idea from him, but just don't have the money for the signals, (or anything else).
[ftp]http://www.whaccessories.com/Turn%20Signals.htm[/ftp]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts