Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have pictures of their turnsignals...?
I Got the shift-tec tailchop kit,but i think it may be cooler with some other turnsignals...

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Articmonster said:
Does anyone have pictures of their turnsignals...?
I Got the shift-tec tailchop kit,but i think it may be cooler with some other turnsignals...
You mentioned a tailchop. Are you interested only in pictures of rear turn signals or fronts also?

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
We're in the same situation. The ones pictured mount the same as the stock signal so they should mate cleanly to the flats on the Shift-tech tail. I'm not sure if I want to cough up $150, when you can get decent looking mirco's from lockhart-Phillips for less than $20 :-\

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
Not a great shot but it's good enough to get an idea. For the rear, A Clear Alternatives integrated light -

And for the front, cheap Lockhart & Philips marker lights that I got from ebay for $15 -

·
Registered
114 Posts
pkm - what brand of carbon tail is on your bike?

Looks good

I have to ask too. I have the DP Carbon Tail. It's actually a nice piece of carbon, but it has the shape of the stock piece, meaning it has the outcrop where the stock signals go. I'm worried that the Kellerman's or any other smaller turn signal will look silly on there if they don't fill that hole. Anybody have any experience with that? PKM's tail doesn't look like it has that shape.

Sieg, those look like Monstrack mirrors. I have a black pair. Great looking mirrors but a pain in the rear to set since they are basically non-adjustable without an allen wrench (meaning you can't easily adjust them to a real world situaiton without a lot of trial and error). Still, I think they are the best looking mirrors for a Monster. Enough thread jacking.

·
Registered
497 Posts
fonzerelli said:
pkm - what brand of carbon tail is on your bike?

Looks good

I have to ask too. I have the DP Carbon Tail. It's actually a nice piece of carbon, but it has the shape of the stock piece, meaning it has the outcrop where the stock signals go. I'm worried that the Kellerman's or any other smaller turn signal will look silly on there if they don't fill that hole. Anybody have any experience with that? PKM's tail doesn't look like it has that shape.
Thanks for the kind words fonzerelli and zieg. Check this thread for detailed comments about the specific CF tail, installation, etc. You are correct, fonzerelli, there are no turn signal receptacles and the Kellerman's looked (IMHO) silly and “out of place” on tails with OEM-size turn signal receptacles.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/smf/index.php?topic=50705.0

This particular tail was just what I had been looking for (shorter than OEM, no turn signal receptacles, no frame cutting, and retention of license plate light).

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
pkm,

Thanks for the link.................if you're bored in the next couple days how about a full profile shot of your bike so I can visualize the projection in relation to the rear wheel :-*

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Goldinechild. Do something with that fairing

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I really liked the integrated turnsignals from clear alternatives..... Are you guys happy with them...?
Do i need the resistor to slow down the blink rate...?

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
supakpow said:
Goldenchild, Did the Grim Reaper >:D take that picture of your bike or is that just a strange reflection in your front fairing? :eek:
Hhhmm, I always felt like my place was haunted...

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
kopfjager said:
Goldinechild. Do something with that fairing
Already done, just haven't taken pics yet...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts