Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently started getting in the new model of LED signals from Rizoma, the "Track '01". I've mounted a pair on the rear of my FZ, and they are so bright that I can get rid of someone following too closely at night by flashing the signals - they're WAY bright! I used to forget and leave my signals on after turns, but these actually light the fairing inner panel when they blink (these are the rear signals and throw that much light forward)and they catch my eye.. On a recent ride with about 15 of us one member told me that they had no problems seeing my signals at the back of the pack and I was riding in second position.

I also see alot of people looking for aftermarket signals and discussing brightness and visibility. I don't like flushmounts because they are hard to see and I've seen alot of wimpy signals that just don't function as well as they should.

Being a vendor myself any test I do would be considered biased.... So I looked for someone to do a comparison of the signals and post the results,
If someone would invite several vendors to loan a signal to the test, one person could mount/compare them.. if you put a signal of two different brand on each side and turned them on, the differences would be obvious, and there would be no doubting what the best functioning signal is. A simple short video of them operating while switching between them and a website showing them would be a great help for people shopping for signals.

I think I've got the guy to do it - he's a rider I know from a couple of boards and he recently collected data to compare handlebars from different manufacturers.

We would have to collect signals from people to borrow and get the test done(Unless you know a vendor well enough to get them to loan a signal).

So - what do you guys think about this idea? I'm testing the waters.. if people like the idea we'll start collecting signals!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Rock on - Knowledge is power!

I'd do just about anything to keep Marcie from running over me with her minivan while she's talking on the cell, smoking, and finishing off a latte grande (with that little bit of cinnamon she likes so much)

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
We made a display that has the Rizoma, Ducati Performance, Kellerman Halogen, Kellerman LED. It is hooked up to a battery so you can press the button to light up the turn signals.

The Kellerman LED was the brightest by far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
moto said:
We made a display that has the Rizoma, Ducati Performance, Kellerman Halogen, Kellerman LED. It is hooked up to a battery so you can press the button to light up the turn signals.

The Kellerman LED was the brightest by far.
Do you have the Rizoma Track signals on it? Can you post pics or a short vid comparing them? I've got a short video clip of the Tracks on my Bike at night that i can e-mail to people, but it's still not as good as having two side by side to compare.

·
Premium Member
5,761 Posts
We are out of the Rizoma Tracks. We can bolt it on when it comes in.
The Rizoma Tracks are much bigger than the other turn Rizoma signals. It puts out a lot of light because of the sheer number of LEDs. The Kellerman LED uses a single flashlight type LED. They are so bright that they hurt your eyes if you look at it directly. It would be an interesting side to side comparison.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Anyone got a side by side shot of the Zero vs the Track?

Got a seto of the Zero's on my 620 and they rock. But I'm looking for something fro my 900 (w/ a fairing) and the Zero's look a little on the small side to clear the fairing well.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I recently put on a set of Tracks that I got from Pj's. Great signals really really bright dead on, and very bright and visable from other angles. The only thing that caused a problem was the clearance on the rear signals. If you've cut your tail and have a rear seat cowl on you'll run into clearnace issues. I just fabed up some spacers using the old Ducati signals and everything was golden. Can't recommend these signals enough.

·
Registered
449 Posts
surfs1st said:
I recently put on a set of Tracks that I got from Pj's. Great signals really really bright dead on, and very bright and visable from other angles. The only thing that caused a problem was the clearance on the rear signals. If you've cut your tail and have a rear seat cowl on you'll run into clearnace issues. I just fabed up some spacers using the old Ducati signals and everything was golden. Can't recommend these signals enough.
Pics please? :)

(Although we'd prob replace the signals on the Triumph before the Monster, I'd like a brighter brake light though)

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I've got the Kellerman's on my bike and they are very very bright. I was concerned at first that given their small size that they may not be noticable, but the light output is unreal.

I'll try to post a pic of them in action, here's one of the rear...

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hi guys
I've just received my set of track 01's from PJ's this morning.
Best price around! www.pjsparts.com [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I'll fit them tonight and post pics asap.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Supero100 said:

+1 Group Buy
They have similar to these at CycleGear (order online if you don't have one nearby). Lockhart-Philips makes them and I think they are $20.

Rizoma are better but I'm sure you'll be paying a bit for em!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
IZ said:
Rizoma are better but I'm sure you'll be paying a bit for em!!
not that much more IZ!
you may be pleasantly surprised how well priced they are at www.pjsparts.com

have a look first before you discount them, and they are soooo much better. I have them in my hot little hand right now!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
PJ was kind enough to send me some comparison shots - Zero vs. Track.

I've got the Zero's and they look great w/ a chooped tail. Looks like the Track woudl be equally sweet.

Yeah the Rizoma ones do cost more IZ.. but really you do get what you're paying for. Fit and finish on rizoma stuff is great. And they pack every LED on that board that is space for making the signal BRIGHT!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I just got my Track 01 signals from PJ last night and I was very impressed with the quality of them! They are some VERY nice turn signals!!!! I was a little put off by the cos tof them at first, but after seeing the quality and that each signal comes with its own little resisitor box to fix the fast flash, I am ready to buy antoher set for the front of my bike. I highly recommend these signals to all and would love to get in on a group buy for my next set. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
474 Posts
Fitted my Track o1's tonight.
They look great, even on the standard beer tray back end of my bike.
And boy are they bright!
cheers PJ!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 42 Posts