Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

I just bought a used 2001 Ducati Monster Dark 750 - it is the most amazing thing I have ever driven - BUT tonight when I started it up it decided to die on me every time I turned the handle bars to the left.

I took it for a spin and sure enough I had to drive the whole way back home making nothing but right hand turns or it would kill on me. Has anyone ever heard of this? Please help me if you have some ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a short. I would guess in the wiring that gets tightest when you turn your bars to the left. I would take it to the dealer and show them. Unless you want to tear into wiring.

·
Registered
117 Posts
check the wiring near steering head - do any of them get tight when turning to the left?

If you take off the two bolts holding the instrument cluster and move cluster out of the way you may be able to see better.

Most likely it's a short or loose connection

good luck

·
Registered
237 Posts
could it be the throttle cable out of adjustment? when i was taking my MSF class, one bike kept stalling every time the handlebars were turned left to lock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You could still have a warranty. I would check if you do and let(DNA) them deal with it.

If you dont have a warranty and feel comfortable with electrical stuff dig in. The wiring around the head light seems to be a source most of the wiring proplems. This seems to be a common problem as I have been fighting broken wires due to the way they secured the wiring harness around the head tube.

Good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help guys,.. I think it may be the throttle cable,.. dealer is going to look at it tomorrow. I apprecaite all the comments! -Andrew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts