Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read with interest the write up about this month's featured monster. I am wondering will any monster take a turbo or only pre 2000. I own a 2002 m620 and would like to boost my horsepower numbers. Other than a turbo or a power commander and new pipes, I think the turbo is the most cost effective. Any ideas or comments? Also ideas on where I might purchase or obtain a turbo for my bike?

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
hogieduc said:
I read with interest the write up about this month's featured monster. I am wondering will any monster take a turbo or only pre 2000. I own a 2002 m620 and would like to boost my horsepower numbers. Other than a turbo or a power commander and new pipes, I think the turbo is the most cost effective. Any ideas or comments? Also ideas on where I might purchase or obtain a turbo for my bike?
Most cost-effective idea to boost a monster's hp #s is to sell that 620 and pick up a 900... :p

Have you PM'ed the featured monster's owner yet?

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
A few months ago these guys: http://shandyturbos.com/homepage.html site mentioned looking for a Ducati to put together a turbo kit for it. I don't see it on there any more, but I thought they offered free or reduced labor, and you'd just pay for the parts. It may not be the case any more, but you may want to contact them.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
The kit that's on TurboMonster's M900 is a PCS kit. Reportedly, they only produced 14 of those kits and it was for the carbed bikes. If the link posted up by chad-ut is still active, that may be your best bet.

·
Premium Member
2,089 Posts
A turbo would require engine management, and new pipes, so it certainly wouldn't be more cost effective than just an ecu and new pipes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts