Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well clearly they won't start tomorrow with the weather forecast, but this news just in....

Brian has finished re-assembling his SS (with SBK forks and wheels) and took her for a spin on Saturday. So now, in addition to using his house as the meet, we'll also enjoy his company on the rides.

Tuesday nights. Newton, NH to Portsmouth and sometimes some ripping around after that.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
Depending on what time y'all arrive in Portsmouth, I might meet up with you (I work in Portsmouth, and I usually work late).

Yes, I said "y'all" - I am a Southerner.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly don't remember how the schedule was working out last year. I THINK we were getting up there around 7, 7:30, depended on whether we were waiting around for Miles and Cam or not ;D. Then we'd grab some kinda dinner.

I'm sure we can coordinate with you. When we get the first day picked, we can exchange cell numbers and phone you when we roll out. Maybe we can get Miles to wait around for us too. Course, it might just make him feel bad :-/

T

·
0 Posts
Don, how long will it take me to get there (coming from Newton, MA )? You know with Rush hour and all.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OY!

You're gonna need some guidance from some with more recent experience with that traffic (I lived in Waltham from '83 to '85 and Concord from '85-'87 so I'm not exactly calibrated anymore ;D)

But I would offer this: you've got to get up to Rt 2 as fast as possible and head out to 495 on Rt 2. I fear that 128 and 93 would be a disaster!

If you can keep moving, I'd think an hour (to the meet at Brian's) might suffice. I don't think this is going to be a regular thing for you, but hopefully you can join once or twice over the summer.

T

·
0 Posts
Thanks Don... Maybe I can leave work early and meet up with Anil. Or let me know where you end up for din din and I could meet you there. t

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'm definitely up for this thing. especially since I live in Newton, NH. Just need to know where Brian is , exactly.
Any chance for a Wednesday night ride since the weather looks great?

I honestly don't remember how the schedule was working out last year. I THINK we were getting up there around 7, 7:30, depended on whether we were waiting around for Miles and Cam or not ;D. Then we'd grab some kinda dinner.

I'm sure we

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We'll assemble a mailing list when we get this off the ground. This will keep Brian's address from being posted here. Besides, he's an SS owner and does not frequent this list.

If anyone wants to PM me email addresses, I'll start building the list right away.

I'm no good for tonight (or any other night this week for that matter). I've got kids in softball and baseball which reduces my flexibility until school's out.

Brian mailed me that he's unavailable next Tuesday (5/3) and suggested kicking off the season the next week (5/11) if the weather cooperates.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Don - I probably can't make many, but count me in. I'd do my best at getting out there whenever possible.
You've got my email address.
T

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've got email addresses for:

Frank
Rachel
Todne
Tarik
Miles
Strati
Anil
SapperD

I'll put all on the list unless/until any ask to be deleted.
Then Brian has several non-monster riders he'll add.

We've got to make sure the Monsters dominate though ;D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Don, you can use my old work email for now. I get access from home. It is easier than getting into the gf's account.

I'm also on the cd-rom list. You can get my email from there if you lost it.

fc

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Frank,

the address I have is Charlotte's. PM me with the work address. We'll post on the CD-ROM list when the time comes as well, but it's good if we get our own distribution list.

I don't know how to look up CD-ROM members to get their addresses as you've implied I could do.

I

·
0 Posts
alright i'm a little late but i'm up for tuesday night rides. could you let me know how you guys organize and plan the rides. i'm in nashua, have no idea where newton is, but i can find it.
later

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
itchy,

I've made an email distribuition list. PM me with your email and I'll add you.

We haven't kicked them off yet; no good Tuesday nights yet this year. When we do get them rolling, we'll post here but the email list is good because it's efficient and because the meet point is Brian's house and I don't want to post addresses or phone numbers on the board.

I

·
0 Posts
alright i have to know. how was the tuesday night ride? i was supposed to go dirtbiking this morning but wound up pulling some back muscles putting the bike on the stand. so no dirtbiking, no tnr. nothing today, other than laying on my back all day with the occasional spasm of horrible pain.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I sent a summary out to everyone on the TNR mailing list. I was a bit lazy to post here.

No pics. Forgot camera.

We had seven LOUD Ducs; five Monsters, a SuperSport and a 749 (bumped to 853).

Had a good rip up Rt 1. Hung out in Market Squard. Had good Burritos. Tore around "the loop" and blasted home. To tickets. No offs.

Only worry is that FastBike was supposed to show and didn't. Nobody's heard from him since. :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts