Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a bone stock 07' S2R 800. First mod planned is exhaust of course. I am dead set on the carbon termignoni cans. Of course you cannot get a complete exhaust from them anymore. I have been looking at some of the aftermarket mid-pipes available (arrow and marving) and wondering if they would be compatible with the termi slip ons? Any one have any real world experience? Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can’t speak for the mid pipes, but I can recommend the Termi slip-ones for sure. I had the dealer install the whole kit - inclusive of the ECU flash, air filter, and slip ons. Also got it re-geared for more low end torque. It’s a completely different bike now, and it sounds WAY better with the Termis.

I wouldn’t bother with the dB killers btw. They completely kill the sound and performance.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Have you looked at the full arrow setups? They're still available in carbon fiber, and have removable db-killers so you can kind of use as you want. Heh.

Seems to me that these are mainly for sound. I've not seen a whole lot of proof of any true gains, and the same is true of db-killers removing power. I've ever heard the reverse, because they add more back pressure.. It's only a really choked output that can actually reduce engine power, and it's the kind of thing that wouldn't be subtle or even very easy to obtain.

If a complete throughput of exhaust meant more power, then a lot of people wouldn't bother to use anything.

Maybe some things to think about..

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Just picked up a bone stock 07' S2R 800. First mod planned is exhaust of course. I am dead set on the carbon termignoni cans. Of course you cannot get a complete exhaust from them anymore. I have been looking at some of the aftermarket mid-pipes available (arrow and marving) and wondering if they would be compatible with the termi slip ons? Any one have any real world experience? Thanks.
Arrow midpipes are just for cans from what I have seen. Marving, Spark and Ducati Performance (Termi rebranded) where some that used to be available. I am not sure what you can find now. On my S2R800 I had the Ducati Performance headers to Termi slip ons. It made a full system. In my opinion the Ducati Performance headers were the best because they didn't reuse any of the stock exhaust pipe.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, if I could find one of those in good condition that would be ideal. I don't like the joint from the "header" to the mid pipe. There was a leak in the stock system at the front cylinder header to mid pipe joint when I bought the bike. The gasket failed so I temp sealed with high temp rtv until I decide what way to go with the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Yes, if I could find one of those in good condition that would be ideal. I don't like the joint from the "header" to the mid pipe. There was a leak in the stock system at the front cylinder header to mid pipe joint when I bought the bike. The gasket failed so I temp sealed with high temp rtv until I decide what way to go with the exhaust.
979A00105 was the Ducati part number if you can find one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
979A00105 was the Ducati part number if you can find one.
Persistence pays off !!!!! Found a new in box Ducati performance kit with full Termignoni exhaust and open air box (no ECU-making a new post about this) in Europe. Just have the silencers on for now. Once I figure out the ECU situation I will install the open air box and de-cat pipes.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts