Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on my Sil low mounts and after the first car alarm I set off and saw how it stopped people that thought they were crossing the street

G

·
Cool DC..there is hope for my little 620! I'm thinking of the SIL also or 2 Brothers. I just want a LOUD-RUMBLE emitting from my a$$ end as I cruise through Tempe and Scottsdale! ;) I have to go to Italy first so maybe this Fall I'll get into some new slip-ons.

G

·
HA!

I let one of my co-workers give the Duc a bit of a ride around the office complex. My Sils have broken in nicely and mellowed just a tad. He was on the throttle down a side street and had to back off coming to a speed bump. Sounded quite nasty. One of my other coworkers was outside and asked what the hell that was coming before he saw it.

For all their problems Sils look and sounds great but I think they are making me deaf.

·
Registered
599 Posts
mspgs2, you've just freaked me out. I'm looking into some high mount c/f Sil's...........what problems are we talking about?

G

·
mspgs2, you've just freaked me out. I'm looking into some high mount c/f Sil's...........what problems are we talking about?
well if you search the board quite a few of us have nagged about Sils overall quality. In my case I had a bear of a time getting a S pipe that fit my monster without rubbing the swing arm. A minor nit to pick in my case was also the stickers were pre-applied to the pipes and misplaced.

On Sils side I will say that the shorter can looks KILLER and they get the angle right.

Now, Sil makes a conical that looks freaking awsome too and fit and finish appears to be worlds above the Sil shorty CF's.

G

·
motowheels sells em

$509 (dont forget the DML discount!) for low mounts

but do your duc a favor, high mounts look better

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First thing you notice as soon as you have them on is how deep the sounds is. I rode for 3 hours on Sat with my new pipes and my head wasn

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Ear plugs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts