Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Desmoblog:

''The proposal put forward by several of you to take Troy to Valencia seems a good idea. We still hope that Sete will get better and be able to race, making up for an unfortunate season. If, regrettably, this is not possible I promise you I'll do all I can to get Troy onto the Desmosedici'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Having nothing to gain or lose I'm not sure I'd risk an accident that (at worst) could ruin his career. :'(
He's races for a living "I know this", but his season is over...go home and prepair for next year. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
621 Posts
DONALD996 said:
Having nothing to gain or lose I'm not sure I'd risk an accident that (at worst) could ruin his career. :'(
He's races for a living "I know this", but his season is over...go home and prepair for next year. ;)
That may be true, but c'mon- it's Troy freakin' Bayliss! If he does race the season closer, while he probably won't get on the podium, it'd be a hell of a show. It would be purely for fun for him, so he'd have a good time with it- no pressure to win, like there was a few years back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
I hope he rides it and it rains. Bayliss is amazing in the wet. I know he crashes, but it's quite a show. [thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
539 Posts
I'll bet TB rides the wheels off that thing. Dude loves to race...no way he'd ever turn down an offer to race.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
143 Posts
he shouldnt race there, hes got his rewards for the season dont screw it up for some one else, possibly !!!!! join the club next season if he wants to then see how good he is , dont get me wrong i like the guy to, even got my leathers signed by him when he was up and comin, let the others have there day. !!!!!!!!! 8)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,761 Posts
cajones said:
he shouldnt race there, hes got his rewards for the season dont screw it up for some one else, possibly !!!!! join the club next season if he wants to then see how good he is , dont get me wrong i like the guy to, even got my leathers signed by him when he was up and comin, let the others have there day. !!!!!!!!! 8)
there are always wildcards, some are just faster than others.

in worldsbk, the japanese and british rounds were known for their fierce wildcards that would often fight for the lead and even win the race. for that matter, the japanese 500gp round was the same way. not-so-much since the move to motogp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
troy is a fierce competitor but also a gentleman and a guy who just won his own world title. even if he can run at the front and prove his point, i seriously doubt he would put the championship in jeopardy for others.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
gm2 said:
troy is a fierce competitor but also a gentleman and a guy who just won his own world title. even if he can run at the front and prove his point, i seriously doubt he would put the championship in jeopardy for others.
But, as you stated, he is a fierce competitor and will go as hard as he can. Will he do anything stupid? Absolutely not. But if he gets a good grid position and start you don't think he'd try to run at the front? It's racing after all, and Troy is a racer.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
264 Posts
If he can run at the front on a bike that he has hardly ridden, on a track as difficult for MotoGP bikes as Valencia then hats off to him [clap] It will probably make for an even more exciting race - not that it's needed with Rossi vs. Hayden.

It's racing - there's going to be tough competition regardless of where it comes from. [thumbsup]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
interesting thing is that troy knows valencia very well. i really wonder what he would do if he were challenging for the lead at the end of the race.. pull over or actually try to win?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,324 Posts
gm2 said:
interesting thing is that troy knows valencia very well. i really wonder what he would do if he were challenging for the lead at the end of the race.. pull over or actually try to win?
Hopefully we'll get to find out.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top