Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The `Soup posted a press release from Ducati confirming that Troy Bayliss is OK and returning to Europe with the rest of team to prepare for the final MotoGP race of the year.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Oct/031020a.htm

Troy is probably my favorite racer because he's the embodyment of the club racer's dream to work his way up to the big show and then take it all home. I've got to admit that I had a hard time enjoying yesterday's race after seeing his limp body tumble down the grass and lay there motionless. Glad to see that he's up and in racing form.

--Fillmore

S

·
0 Posts
definately good news... bayliss has character that not many others have shown. good to hear he'll be back in the thick of it soon!

S

·
0 Posts
I just came in when Bayless was tumbling down the grass, I thought it was way worse than it was, good to hear he is ok and will be back next race. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I am hoping they are running that race tomorrow on Speed Channel.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am hoping they are running that race tomorrow on Speed Channel.
Don't hold your breath... Those plicks rarely re-run motorcycle races on Tuesdays anymore and when they do, it's in the middle of the afternoon for most of us to the West.

Of course, they'll show stock car races from 15 years ago... ooop... ughh... must stop before I can't shut up about those a-holes...

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Yeah, that was a tough one to see. He's one of my favorites and a real class act. I was happy to read somewhere last night that it was mostly concussion - a little concerned about him not remembering the crash or the race. Reminded me of the old cliche about riders only have so many high sides in them before the body says, "Check, please". Hopefully he'll have no lingering effects by race time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts