Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 620i.e. just started giving me problems with 4th gear. All the other gears seem to shift smoothly, but 4th does not want to drop in without alittle " grinding" , I've tried it at different speeds & RPM's and it still seems to not want to go smoothly. But why only 4th.? The master cylinder level is at the top of the sight window. The slave cylinder is not leaking.Could it be " operator error"? I really don't think so, never had a problem before. It is 600 miles away from its 6000 mile service. Should I take it in early???

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It's a 5 speed and a wet clutch and fuel injected.

H

·
0 Posts
Take it out to a back road and beat on it like a red-headed step child! Well, that's what I'd do, but what the he!! do I know! ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought, maybe I'm babying it to much, but I didn't have a problem before this??? :'(

H

·
0 Posts
Deb, I was just kidding! I really don't think that will work. Sound like fun, though, doesn't it? ;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it sounds like fun, But no, I'm serious, you know how sometimes ya do that easy shift that sometimes gets you the false nuetral, thats what I meant.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Deb,

I'm assuming it's the upshift from 3rd to 4th that's giving you the trouble...not that that means much :(

IIRC, you're using full synth oil, and you changed it at about 3k miles. Your shifting may improve with an oil change.

Maybe change the oil yourself and see, or take it in for the 6k service and have 'em check the shift mechanism adjustment, do the oil change, then you take it for a test ride before they do the rest of the service.

My bike occasionally refuses the shift from 5th to 6th, and I just have to remember to poke it a little harder on that shift. If it was just my foot being lazy, I think I'd miss other shifts too, but it's_very_seldom that I miss anything other than the 5-6 upshift.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts