Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
LOKI:

The tank is on its way back from Norms. All other paintables have been wet sanded. I'll take them all to the paint shop in one box. Waterpump cover has been replaced and radiator tweaked back in place. Rearsets have been ordered from Spareshack and clipon tubes from Motowheels. The painter needs three days to do his magic and I need about 1.5 days to put Humpty Dumpty back together again. With a little luck, I'll be back in the saddle for the Weekend of 27/28 March. Time will tell.

T

·
0 Posts
If you didn't catch my other post, the S4 is alive again.

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=forum1;action=display;num=1081641761

The painter got booked up and I didn't get the paintables until about 8 April. I tightened the last nut on 9 April. The weather went to crap the following weekend. After the bike sat a couple days I noticed fuel weeping under the tank. Upon further investigation, I found the low fuel sensor nut was cracked (operator error no doubt). So, I drain and dismantle the tank again, another $29.00 (plus $20.00 overnight shipping) to Chris Kelly and I was back roadable (great part BTW as the dealer only sells a complete sensor unit to the tune of >$150.00).

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/img/fuel_sender_nut.jpg

Anyhow, we rode to Boerne today for the carshow. The bike ran great. I've just got to make some minor adjustments to the rearsets, bar controls, and 1/2" chicken strips on the Diablos - - :-[ :-[ :-[ guess I am a little gun shy from the low side :-[ :-[ :-[.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was actually in your neck of the woods today. Me and the chick went to Bandera to ride horses. Running R Ranch just outside of town. We drove through Boerne on the way home- lots of bikes, and some sweet roads out there as well. My mom and sis are coming in town next weekend, maybe we can shoot for a meetup in the near future- I still owe you and Mrs. TD a lunch!

T

·
0 Posts
Dang Loki...if you drove thru Boerne to Bandera you were about 3 miles from the house (where Hwy 46 Ts into Hwy 16). Next time...give a shout.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts