Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions/recom. on where to stay in San Diego. Looking for a nice place near the water. Also, things to do/places to go??

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
When are ya coming, and how long are ya gonna stay for?

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Coronado Hotel, on the water, alot of history and supposedly haunted...

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Sounds like you need to bring an open CC for a trip to CaCycleworks. ;D

Post up dates, Im sure something can be arranged

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry peeps..I wish I was going to see U of M playing in the Rose Bowl. It's for the Psychologist in the next office. She's neer been to CA. Her friend is UM alumni and taking her to the game (arriving in LA on 27th with a ton of plans already) and then going to SD for 2-3 days after the game.

So..2-3 days to play with..what to do in SD??

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
There's the tourist type stuff - Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village (shopping). Mexico is always an adventure - you can walk into Tijuana and argue with some poor Mexican guy over a $4 pair of fake Oakleys.

Are you looking for active type stuff (kayaking in La Jolla, deep sea fishing, sky diving, golf, rent bikes on Coronado, etc) or more passive (Chargers game, theater, shopping, amusement parks, etc)?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try priceline.com for downtown SD in the $100-$125 range. Always been happy- 3 x's got the Omni and once the Grand Hyatt.

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
IZ said:
Sorry peeps..I wish I was going to see U of M playing in the Rose Bowl. It's for the Psychologist in the next office. She's neer been to CA. Her friend is UM alumni and taking her to the game (arriving in LA on 27th with a ton of plans already) and then going to SD for 2-3 days after the game.

So..2-3 days to play with..what to do in SD??
Why SD? The Rose Bowls 3-4 hours north in Pasadena.

Dont look at the mileage, ya gotta consider the traffic

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guaps said:
There's the tourist type stuff - Seaworld, San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village (shopping). Mexico is always an adventure - you can walk into Tijuana and argue with some poor Mexican guy over a $4 pair of fake Oakleys.

Are you looking for active type stuff (kayaking in La Jolla, deep sea fishing, sky diving, golf, rent bikes on Coronado, etc) or more passive (Chargers game, theater, shopping, amusement parks, etc)?
Lots of good suggestions..

thanks everyone!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ducman851 said:
Why SD? The Rose Bowls 3-4 hours north in Pasadena.

Dont look at the mileage, ya gotta consider the traffic
They're getting on a plane to gp down to SD I think.

I guess they have money to spend. Don't be afraid to make some higher end hotel/dining suggestions!! :)

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
+1 on the SD Zoo.

Gaslight District is cool.

If they want to $pend big on a hotel and such, it shouldn't be a problem. :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts