Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Triangle Italian Motoring Enthusiasts will be gathering on Saturday, July 5th at Brier Creek for breakfast from 9 AM to 11 AM. We will be gathering near Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, which has a selection of breakfast wraps and coffee. Other breakfast restaurants are also in the near vicinity including Brueggers and Caribou Coffee. Hopefully the weather cooperates and there will be a large turnout. We may also lead a drive through western Wake and Chatam counties near the Lake Jordan area following breakfast. I'll be making the trek up from Charleston for this event and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone out there. I'm also bringing my roommate, who happens to be interested in purchasing a Ducati. The more that show up, the better since I want him to get a taste of the variety and the culture associated with the marque.

If you have any questions, let me know. See you guys out there.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I'm in.

And as a second to Desmo Dave's comment on the blog: I know the blog is called "triangle-italiancars", but how about adding marquees for the bikes as well?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't control the look of the blog, so I can't help directly. I did send Greg a Ducati logo a while ago, I probably just need to remind him. And it definitely shouldn't say Triangle Italian Cars anywhere. We definitely try to keep a balance between both sides of the coin though that isn't always possible. My bike won't be there unfortunately, so I'll ride along in one of the cars.

Edit: I see the cars thing you are talking about now. Triangleitalians was taken so that was added on so we could get the blog. Unfortunately, another one of those things that can't really be helped at this point.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Yeah, I was half-kidding about that. We have our own blog...here! Anyway, I'll keep posting and see if I can get some more takers for next weekend.

BTW...Saw a blue Lambo on Hillsborough St. Saturday and passed a grey Maranello today. Everyone must be cleaning out the cobwebs for next week ;)

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Well it was a great turnout on Saturday -even given the questionable weather.

The gilded cages made a nice showing (including a number of non-italian exotics). I saw my childhood dream car the Lambo Countach. It's amazing that, even with all that care and attention to detail, they couldn't quite make it sound as sweet as my Ducati. In fact, all I could think of when the owner started it up was $1...$2...$3...$4...$5... -and that's just in gas! But hey, if they would take my worn out AMEX I would be driving one to work every day.

I digress... The Ducs outnumber the cages about two to one. The superbikes were nice; beautiful, but they show best on the track.

My heart is with the monsters and there were a number of models and mods represented. For me, one of the more interesting aspects is the sheer number and combination of mods. There could be five of the same Monster with mods that make them totally unique and personal to thier owners!

I also met up with a local group that used to frequent this board. They recognized my Monster immediately from the previous owner and confirmed what was obvious when I bought it -it was sennaster's baby. Of course, I've made my own tweaks to make it my own, but it was nice to have some validation of the care and condition before I took her on.

I hope to see everyone next month!

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
August Gathering!

I went for the first time and I must say I was impressed. What a big group! I wish there had been a bigger Ducati showing...

Sooo.. why does everyone just meet up and walk around. Why not go for a group drive/ride? It would be amazing to hear the lot of us on the road driving in the same direction. ;)

Anyways..

Cant wait for next month!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Next?

When is the next one? I would be very interested in attending, if of course it doesn't interfere with my son's Saturday soccer games. Is it usually the first Saturday of the month?

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
It's usually the first Saturday of each month from 9-11am at Brier Creek shopping center next to Camille's. There's usually a good showing of monsters and red-runners as well as the four wheeled Italian iron.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Sooo.. why does everyone just meet up and walk around. Why not go for a group drive/ride? It would be amazing to hear the lot of us on the road driving in the same direction. ;)
I thought the same thing when I was there... I showed up ready for a ride, but nothing really materialized. Well, there's always next month. Maybe I'll plan a run...

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Sounds good to me. Feels like someone should take over of some basic group gathering now that the 748 (Eric?) owner is no longer close by.
I would volunteer, but I am a newbie, so I dont know how anyone will feel about that. I would assume that the 6th is the next gathering, and I know that I am not the only one assuming this, but it would be good to have someone confirm it each month, in a place that everyone reads.

Based on my experience of the last gathering, I really look forward to the 6th. Especially if we will also go on a ride. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Triangle Italians: September Gathering

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triangle Italians will be hosting our monthly breakfast meeting on Saturday, September 6th at the Brier Creek Commons shopping center at the junction of Highway 70/Glenwood Ave and Interstate 540. We'll meet @ 9:00AM.

Breakfast and coffee will be available from Camille's Sidewalk Cafe, Caribou Coffee, and Bruegger's Bagels. We will be gathering in the outer parking lot near Chili's so that we can be close to all three locations.

For those in the Cary / Morrisville / Apex area, we'll meet at Leith Pre-Owned around 8:30AM and caravan from there...always a great drive.

In addition to our regular meet-n-greet, Joel Hoffman, one of our own will be collecting donations for his 2-day endurance ride in The MS Bike Tour to be held in New Bern, NC on September 13th & 14th. If you have been to some of the Triangle Italians gatherings, you’ve probably met Lauren and Joel. Joel is one of several regularly attending 308 owners and occasionally drives his green Innocenti Mini Cooper. Lauren’s the one using the blue walker to get around the event site. Any donation large or small will be greatly appreciated!

Look forward to seeing all the area Italians out and about!

If you want to meet up for the ride out...shoot me an email @ [email protected] or pm and we'll be sure to wait until everyone's together.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like we're going to get rained out for tomorrow...everyone is planning on doing this next Sat - the 13th - weather permitting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oakley Sunglass echoes and the Jawbone series to riders in the game to show the best competitive level, the players can choose different color, make the glasses in different environment better perform its functions. Echoes series is single plate motion goggles and Jawbone is designed into two chip glasses. These can discharge the replacement of the basic characteristics of the lens is to have HDO high definition and Oakley has water and thin oil,rectangular-shaped brown/shiny wine 25638 Dior sunglasses which can prevent the technology ShuiLian phenomenon of mirror appear and maintain fight corrupt function.
Unique Oakley Sunglass design of the bridge of the nose card mat replacement, let the wearer convenient structure of the replacement of the most suitable bridge of the nose card cushion; Use of stem and mirror Unobtainium technology nose card,OO Polarized Miss Conduct 330735 Oakley sunglasses can let the mat are sweating glasses when good keep joint. Jawbone series of lens echoes and have excellent resistance to impact protection ability, can filter out all the wavelengths 100% uv.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts