Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
Went riding today and when I got back I noticed oil on the outside of my left fork tube (lower). My first reaction was [email protected]$t, there goes more money, but I am wondering since they need rebuilt if I should take the forks to Traxxion for either a rebuild, or there axxiom kit for $799, or another rebuildable option that isn't costly. I mostly commute with a slight aggressive side. Trying not to spend a fortune. Would still like to be able to feed the kids this week! ;D
Thanks

P.S.- Traxxion is only 2 hours away

Saw this http://www.traxxion.com/virtualmax/problem_description.aspx

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
First get a 3 thou feeler gauge and run it around between the fork and the seal. There could be dust or somthing causing it to leak. Failing that then go for the expense of a rebuild. [thumbsup]

Aussie Rob

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more info on--
93 900SS with 31500 miles on it. Recently purchased from a co-worker who had it very shortly. The maintenance on the forks, I am unsure of what has been done. But have been finding things here and there that have been out, such as carbs, lights, etc.
Thanks again

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
If you mostly commute, buy seals for both forks, swap them out yourself or have a small (cheap) shop do it, and go ride for another 31,000 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts