Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What recommendations would you guys recommend for transporting my laptop to work every day without wearing a backpack?

I would like something that's not bulky and easy to attach to the back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
The DP rear bag is great, it zips on and off in just a couple of seconds. It should be big enough for the average laptop.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you tried strapping it the the spokes of the rear wheel? The single sided swing arm makes such a thing possible and I hear lots of rotation is good for the hard drives on most lap top computers. :cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you tried strapping it the the spokes of the rear wheel? The single sided swing arm makes such a thing possible and I hear lots of rotation is good for the hard drives on most lap top computers. :cool:
Daddy - Try SSD. Need to get with the future! :)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I think the bottom line here is that you're probably not going to find an easier, cheaper or safer way to transport a laptop than just getting a backpack. I have a swiss army one that is specifically made for laptops, under $40.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Before I had a backpack I'd just stick my Mac Book in my jacket and zip it up. Not much trouble at all if the laptop is the only thing that you need to stick in your jacket. I also have a small Speedo bag with drawstrings that I use to carry my swim gear when I ride to the pool for a workout. Again, if a laptop and a few other thing are all that you have, it would be good too. I also have a fairly good sized backpack that I use to pack clothes and other gear for a 1-3 day flight when I ride my bike to the hangar to prepare for a flight. As long as you are not riding great distances I think that you will find a backpack works great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What recommendations would you guys recommend for transporting my laptop to work every day without wearing a backpack?

I would like something that's not bulky and easy to attach to the back.

Thanks!
I use a messenger bag. i don't think i'd trust mounted luggage with my laptop.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would stick with the back pack. I like my iicon(r) Urban Tank Bag (I do not put it on my tank as it's not metal, and it's too pretty). It does stick nicely to my file cabinet at work though :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got one of those Swiss army backpacks too. I can put my lap top in it, water bottles, and the basic tools I need just in case without even touching the ones under the seat, and of course I have enough room for my lunch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
anything mounted to the bike will transmit a lot of vibration to the laptop, not the best idea really. even with a ssd, that much vibration in general is not a best case scenario

i commute pretty regularly on my 796 and getting a moto specific backpack will make a huge diff in your comfort levels. i have both the ogio no drag and the kriega r30, and i would suggest the r30 for the rain protection if you're a regular commuter. getting caught in a sudden shower with your laptop in a non waterproof bag is a pretty bad idea. if you dont get the r30 at least make sure you get some kind of dry bag (from rei or other camping store) to protect it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just wanted to throw this out there - no way the DP bag is good for hauling a laptop around, unless you have a tiny netbook. It could maybe fit a Macbook Air, but then you could put a MBA just about anywhere. My 15" macbook pro certainly does not fit in the DP tail bag. The iPad does, barely (if there is other stuff in there). Backpack or messenger bag seems like the only option.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts