Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had the option, would you trade a 2003 620 for a 1999 monster 900? A motorcycle shop that I took my bike to gave me the option of trading my 620 for the 900. The 900 is in perfect condition, mines not. The 900 has from what I can see an exhaust system (not sure what kind) a steering damper and 13,XXX miles. The engine also has some performance mods on it but not sure what kind. This bike is owned by one of the guys that works at the shop and therefore I trust what he says. Now this wont be an even trade, i will have to fork over some cash but not sure how much at this point. And keep in mind that I bought my bike for about 3 G's at an auction and he is trying to sell the 900 for $5995. I think that the price is too high but maybe I could do some negotiating.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Yes, but be sure he has just done a valve adjustment and belt change.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the mechanic said that the valves were just readjusted and put some kind of shim on the valves which eliminates the need to readjust the valves every 6,000 mi. or whatever it is. I wasn't really grasping the concept, but I am going to ask him again what excately he was saying. There were about 4 other ducati's in the shop getting that shim put on so I dont think he is B.S'ing. Does anybody else know of these shims? Maybe you can fill me in on them. He said you still need to readjust the valves but not as often.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts