Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the main trackday thread is getting a bit chatty, I thought i'd start a new one to outline who/what/where/when/how for upcoming trackdays. Let's keep the chat to a minimum and organize who is in, how they're gettin there, etc. soooo....

Big Track @ Willow Springs (TrackDaz)
Saturday 05/03/08

Updated: Ride Along (youtube)

Gates: 7:00am
Riders Meeting: 8:20am
Trackday: 9:00am - 5:00pm (No Lunch!)

Participants

NameBikeGroupRideNotes
gm2R6BSelf
joekarati675BSelf
SteveGGXRB?
sqweakSV?CSelffirst trackday. Can *maybe* fit one more but need ramps/tiedowns/know-how
mdlb620C?
derby?GXR?B??

ciaofun?
sachica?

Spectators
BP/LM (maybe)
amber?
mags?
gibbs?

Needs

ItemProviderDetails
Cooler (water/gatorade/etc)SELF!GM sez: bring your own damn stuff!
Snacks/LunchFYI: Greasy Spoon @ The track. Might be better to bring your own for Time/Health reasons
EZ-Upgm2 (Ryans 10x10)Do we need another? Speeddog offered one up...
Chairs
Table
Gas Can(s)sqweakLet's try and do 2:1, who is bringing gas already? gm2? derby?

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
no lunch? who's bringin the bbq? ;D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
i'll have (ryan's) 10x10 canopy
everyone should have their own cooler; you need that much water & food. same with gas cans.. or at least 2:1 on that. there is fuel available at the track however.
table is a nice to have but... eh. chairs and truck beds do just fine.
there's also a greasy spoon-ish grill at the track for food. bringing your own food is inevitably cheaper and healthier, but just FYI

and just so it's in print somewheres, derby claims he is going to this one.. =)

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Only advice have is that a fast lap on the big track all comes down to how you handle turns 5-9.

Two tips:
1) When you come out out T5, you want to setup to the right side of the track for the uphill to T6. As you crest T6 (it's a hill), you should be leaning right already because if not you're either gonna eat it off the left side of the track when T6 comes up or you're not going fast enough.

2) You should be WFO through T8. It takes getting over the mental hump of actually doing it, but if you're not, you're losing time.

2b) You don't need to brake for T9 really, just drop two gears and hit the apex right and you'll get a great drive onto the front straight. In other words, you should be hauling ass through 9.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
we use to camp out on the hill near 5-6.... lots -o- people riding off the track or highsides up there.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
sqweak said:
updated, added youtube
Dude, that guy might have just set the record for slowest laps ever at Willow and his lines aren't very good either. I wouldn't recommend trying to glean much knowledge from that video - there are far better ones out there that show a good lap.

Also, what kind of bike was that? That gauge cluster looks like it would be at home on a police bike of some sort.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
darylbowden said:
Dude, that guy might have just set the record for slowest laps ever at Willow and his lines aren't very good either. I wouldn't recommend trying to glean much knowledge from that video - there are far better ones out there that show a good lap.

Also, what kind of bike was that? That gauge cluster looks like it would be at home on a police bike of some sort.
it's a VFR...

here's a faster lap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1OC9vn6jA

·
Premium Member
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sorry folks, didn't mean to imply it was the best ride along...simply that it was a track eye view of the track ;)

I'm too slow to look for correct racing line and all that jazz, I just want to know which way the track goes and when. ;D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Any chance you guys would not mind another person hanging out--I was able to grab a C spot that someone just cancelled ;D. Sqweak it looks like you and I will both be out in the C group. I will be on my 620. Please let me know if I can bring anything that will make the day more comfortable.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
mdlb said:
Any chance you guys would not mind another person hanging out--I was able to grab a C spot that someone just cancelled ;D. Sqweak it looks like you and I will both be out in the C group. I will be on my 620. Please let me know if I can bring anything that will make the day more comfortable.
saaaweeet! of course you are welcome to base camp with us...awesome news...looking forward to meeting you out there.

sure we'll work out some homing device or beacon or bat symbol so we can meet up with ya... [thumbsup]

1 - 20 of 85 Posts